02 2855 running wires?-gctid378478

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 2855 running wires?-gctid378478

Need to have a new stereo system put in 02 2855. On my other 2355,and 2655 it was relatively easy to run up the starboard side from bilge to helm. I haven't had a chance to pull down any access panels in cave to see if it is a straight shot up the side of this new boat. Any help or advise work be great as I have to pay somebody to do this one.

Harbor freight has some solid fiberglas rods that screw together that can be pushed through the wire chase, give it a try, one thing, there may be an issue with static if your wires are rum next to the engine wires.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

boatworkfl wrote:
      Harbor freight has some solid fiberglas rods that screw together that can be pushed through the wire chase, give it a try, one thing, there may be an issue with static if your wires are rum next to the engine wires.
      So this boat has a wire chase straight up ?

Comment

Nobody else has opened up the panels in "cave" on this boat. Did a search and can't find anything on this topic?

Comment

Well I can tell you that the 2455, 2655, and 3055 all have a big cover in the aft cabin where you can reach up to the helm, back to the engine room, and forward (to the head on the smaller boats, stereo/storage cabinet on the 3055). So based on that, I would assume the 2855 is similar.

Comment

3 wide wrote:
            Need to have a new stereo system put in 02 2855. On my other 2355,and 2655 it was relatively easy to run up the starboard side from bilge to helm. I haven't had a chance to pull down any access panels in cave to see if it is a straight shot up the side of this new boat. Any help or advise work be great as I have to pay somebody to do this one.
            There is a panel on the right rear of you aft cabin. I believe there is a long thin one where the aft-cabin ceiling meets the hull. You can also fish stuff thru the cabinet behind helm seat. You will also find in that cabinet space and access panel to bolts for your radar arch. If not mistaken your speaker wires should be routed thru there.
            Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

Ok so I got a chance to drop the panels and have found what others have said. Should be very similar to the other 55's I have had. Thanks for the answer's.

Comment

Working...
              X