Seeking advice re stowage space-gctid378332

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking advice re stowage space-gctid378332

Have just purchased a "new-to-us" Bayliner 2855 Ciera and are sorting out stowage options. We have 8 PFDs and I'm trying to find a place for them, without using any space in the galley. Any suggestions?

Frieday wrote:
    Have just purchased a "new-to-us" Bayliner 2855 Ciera and are sorting out stowage options. We have 8 PFDs and I'm trying to find a place for them, without using any space in the galley. Any suggestions?
    On ours, we keep our jackets on the aft bearth for quick access or on deck if weather is "spiffy". We also have two throwables on deck at all times. For guests we have 8 lift jackets from baby to adult size in a nylon bag which we store in one of the storage compartments under the forward berth mattress and pull that bag out when guests board. Children always wear jackets on board and adult jackets are out when underway.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated.

Comment

Ours are in a big white bag under the table, when we eat it moves to the cockpit. But it's always out and easy to get to.

The second bag is in the Dink, under the cover. So if we go down fast, there is a second set. Kids under 12 have on on or in arms reach at all times.
        Yep, my 4588 Bayliner IS my happy place :whistle:

Comment

I keep the life jackets stowed under the few bed on my 3870 in thin plastic bags, they look new, and were expensive, purchased in 1995.

for the number of persons on board I bring out the required amount, caution, the USCG frowns on plastic bags for the ones needed per person, I untie the tops for easy access, but the bags are the white bags you buy for the kitchen trash, very thin ans easy to tear.
          Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
          Twin 350 GM power
          Located in Seward, AK
          Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Store a one wrapped around the bucket seat is pretty common.

Some people make covers to match interior and use them as throw pillows.

We added ceiling coat hooks above the bed head board on our 2455 then hang the life jackets from hangers. Keeps them easy to grab and easy to see if boarded by coast guard for inspection. We can also hang coats from the same hooks to keep them out of the way. It makes a fairly well padded head board.

We added shelving the the small worthless closet that came with the boat to increase kitchen storage

Comment

I like the throw pillow idea! We just store ours under the seat or/and under the bed, unless they are being used of course.

Comment

Take a look of what I did for my 2355. Look at post #79 and 80.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...upgrades/page8

There is a lot of room available / hidden. Relatively easy to get lot of additional stowage?

Comment

Working...
                X