wife is crazy ..................... about boats-gctid377966

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wife is crazy ..................... about boats-gctid377966

ordered new kuuma stow n go bbq with 30 in pedestal stand for the swim platform , the boat is washed and waxed , closed cooling installed and ready to go , all safety gear aboard, boat packed for first trip , and wife anxiously waiting for our marina dock to go in . i think all systems are a go. my job takes me 3000 miles from home 20 days a month and my boat crazy wife has been a tremendous help getting us ready for launch i dont know how we would be ready without her. she holds down the fort and has everything ready to go so when i get home all i will have to do is fill the cooler and operate the boat. i do believe i have the most boat crazy wife anywhere.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/681421=27253-281457_254162587930481_100000102243662_1210251_698 8098_n.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/681421=27252-IMG_2137.jpg[/img]

jamie mac wrote:
    ordered new kuuma stow n go bbq with 30 in pedestal stand for the swim platform , the boat is washed and waxed , closed cooling installed and ready to go , all safety gear aboard, boat packed for first trip , and wife anxiously waiting for our marina dock to go in . i think all systems are a go. my job takes me 3000 miles from home 20 days a month and my boat crazy wife has been a tremendous help getting us ready for launch i dont know how we would be ready without her. she holds down the fort and has everything ready to go so when i get home all i will have to do is fill the cooler and operate the boat. i do believe i have the most boat crazy wife anywhere.
    Sounds like your all set for the season ! Love the hardtop on your boat

Comment

crowder.dr wrote:
      Sounds like your all set for the season ! Love the hardtop on your boat
      we always had cuddies dave but the larger hardtop allows us to go farther and boat in less than ideal weather . my wife lives in it when i am away going home just long enough to get the mail and check the house.

Comment

jamie mac wrote:
        we always had cuddies dave but the larger hardtop allows us to go farther and boat in less than ideal weather . my wife lives in it when i am away going home just long enough to get the mail and check the house.
        Sounds like a great way to spend the summer

Comment

She's a keeper!

Joey
          2007 Discovery 246
          5.0L MPI BRAVO III
          The "BAY-BEA"

Comment

Sure sounds like many guys dream wife!! Have a great season

Comment

Man, I really want to spend some time on one of those boats. I got a tour of the Discovery 26 some time ago and was really impressed with the design and features. Awesome boat.

Comment

Sounds like the good life to me!

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
                  Man, I really want to spend some time on one of those boats. I got a tour of the Discovery 26 some time ago and was really impressed with the design and features. Awesome boat.
                  Carlos, tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, first Im splashing my boat, then Im splashing my glass with tequila (Don Julio, good stuff - to me, anyway...) to celebrate, come on down!!!

Joey
                  2007 Discovery 246
                  5.0L MPI BRAVO III
                  The "BAY-BEA"

Comment

After the way she didn't want to leave the boat last season you may as well change her mailing address to the marina this year.

And as stated earlier, you got ya keeper there boy !
                    " WET EVER "
                    1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
                    mmsi 338108404
                    mmsi 338124956
                    "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

Mmmm...tequila. If you're a tequila fan, you should try Dos Lunas Reposado. And if you're not a tequila fan, that may make you one, at least for that one. The admiral hates tequila except THAT one.

Thanks for the reminder to be sure I have limes on board. No, not the salt and lime shot BS, but a real squeezed-lime margarita that is mostly tequila.

Comment

Your wife sounds a lot like my wife. My wife loves boating and she handles most of the mundane tasks like provisioning the boat for weekend trips. I mostly deal with driving and maintaining the boat although she does drive the boat sometimes when I just want to kick back and have a beer.

I have to say that I much prefer sailing with my wife on board because we have worked out all the necessary interactions with getting the boat rigged for docking or secured for cruising. She knows how I want things done and does them quite well.

Other people I take on the boat may have boating experience but they don't know how we do things on the Southern Jewelle and that tends to increase my frustration/apprehension levels. A good first mate is invaluable.

Comment

My wife and her best friend have been my crew for 20 years now and they know how to make me look good docking . all i have to do is get close lol . all it costs me is a steady supply of white russians !!

Comment

That's agood one Jamie! I have a good one too, she even lets me have TWO boats! And she's a good driver on the pontoon, and learning the 2858. Where she really shines though, is at the launch ramp. People are amazed at her launching and retrieving skills driving the truck, EVEN with the 2858.
                            Jeff & Tara
                            (And Ginger too)
                            Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                            "GetAway"
                            Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

jeffw wrote:
                              That's agood one Jamie! I have a good one too, she even lets me have TWO boats! And she's a good driver on the pontoon, and learning the 2858. Where she really shines though, is at the launch ramp. People are amazed at her launching and retrieving skills driving the truck, EVEN with the 2858.
                              Yes jeff only my wife doesnt like running the boat. it cuts into kahlua time. i really thought there would be more men here bragging up thier wives

Comment

Working...
                              X