275 vs 280 swap-gctid649803

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

275 vs 280 swap-gctid649803

I would like to swap my 275 outdrives for 280 outdrives ....or at least have them ready as backups. At this point the difference between hanging the 280 drive lies in the spline on the universal joint. My output shaft (1986 2850 Bayliner Contessa flybridge twin 305 Chevy's) is a fine spline... and the input to the 280 Drive is a course spline. Are these universal joints between the 280 and 275 interchangeable?

BTW the 280 drives are from a 1985 2850 Bayliner Contessa FB with twin vee six Chevy's w the coarse output spline.

Is this a realistic venture for backups or swap?? Are the 280s a better Drive? Will they accept a duoprop conversion upgrade if I ever find such? Is there a duoprop upgrade for the 275's?

Thank you again for your priceless time fellas.

I am actually looking to go the other way and possibly swap the upper, or even whole drive, from a 275 onto a 280 to save some money on getting the upper resealed. Wanted to bump this and see if anyone had any info.

Comment

Info :

Comment

• 2850Bounty
        Supporting Member
        • Oct 2003

"capnbones" post=649968 wrote:
        I am actually looking to go the other way and possibly swap the upper, or even whole drive, from a 275 onto a 280 to save some money on getting the upper resealed. Wanted to bump this and see if anyone had any info.
        I did respond to your thread and had a question regarding the chances of the replacement drives also needed to be resealed.

Rick E. (aka RicardoMarine) Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model 31' LOA
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling systems
        Volvo Penta Duo Prop Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Please, no PMs. Ask your questions on the forum.
        If you leave a "post", rather than a "comment", our members will see recent thread activity!

Comment

Working...