Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri River access around Omaha area-gctid376544

Greetings all!

Has anyone heard any timeline intel for the local public ramps opening up again this year in the Omaha NE Missouri River area? I have heared of a couple ramps/parks that will never recover from the historic flooding last year... but i am itching to get back out there. Ive heard the river is going to be pretty austere this year when it comes to fuel stops... so if your on the river too, plan accordingly. Fuel starvation is going to be a pretty real threat, especially if the marina you THOUGHT was going to be there on your waypoints ISNT!!!

Any info would be much appreciated, to include some referrence sites...

Take care out there and have a safe season!

V/R

Dave

We launch at Lewis and Clark starting today and everything is in beautiful shape. No mountains of junk in the water like during the floods last year. Couple hours away from you though I know. If you're ever at Gavins Point stop by slip B7 for a drink. After the mess last year, hope you have a good season.

Comment

Corp of Engs. said last week that water levels will remain low because of repairs on the Gavins Point dam upstream. When they do release more water its only going to come up 3 to 4 feet from where river levels are at now but that wont be until mid summer, dont know how that effects Omaha. Pop and Docs will open up this week which is up river from you located at Betrice Neb. cant get to big of a boat in their marina. Drag your boat up to Lewis and Clark Marina great boating, they have overnight slips. Stop by G8, new location for us ,dinner and drinks on me.

Comment

Just found out that access to the river will begin Memorial Day weekend. Not sure I will get out that weekend or not, Im kinda leary of the crazies that will flood the water at that time, but figure real soon after that we will be out there.

More to follow soon.

And to KT, We will find our way up there this season for sure. We can make that happen!

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X