clean or buff non-skid?-gctid375967

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clean or buff non-skid?-gctid375967

waht are you guys doing to the non skid surfaces to get them ready for the season ? Bow , swim platform? i used finessit and starbright on entire smooth surfaces of boat , i was thinking maybe just hand wax with the starbright ?

Every detailer I've known refuses to put any kind of wax product on non skid surfaces. They will dry buff them to get them clean if needed.

Comment

Woodys has a liquid wax for non skid.

Comment

i used the non skid cleaner w ptef in past and left it, but i get oxidation and staining during the year. i think the starbright will be too slippery for the non skid , kind of defeating the purpose. Maybe just a straight wax to protect.

Comment

I use the starbrite non skid cleaner with peft, I think it works great, squirt it on, brush it around a little bit, let it sit a few minutes, scrub off, seems to work really good for me.

Comment

Scraping B wrote:
            i used the non skid cleaner w ptef in past and left it, but i get oxidation and staining during the year. i think the starbright will be too slippery for the non skid , kind of defeating the purpose. Maybe just a straight wax to protect.
            I wore a pair of Croc's out on our swimstep reeling in a salmon.. bout slid in the ocean.. even the non skid is slick with nothing on it.. good thing for rails or I would be crab bait..lol

:hypnotysed:

Comment

If you mechanically buff nonskid enoigh it will eventually smooth it and it wont be non skid any more. I would say an occasional light buff might be ok. Every few years but washing it with a good cleaner and a stiff brush would generally be better.
              1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
              twin 454's
              MV Mar-Y-Sol
              1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
              Twin chevy 350's inboard
              Ben- Jamin
              spokane Washington

Comment

seaeagle2 wrote:
                I use the starbrite non skid cleaner with peft, I think it works great, squirt it on, brush it around a little bit, let it sit a few minutes, scrub off, seems to work really good for me.
                Nice I will have to try that product. The other thing a buddy swears by is Bon Ami.

Comment

x2 on the Starbright with Petf. Be carefully, it makes the deck slick as slime while applying and scrubbing, but is the best cleaning product I have found for non-skid surface. Then follow with woody wax.
                  Charles
                  '89 3870 M/Y
                  Located on Galveston Bay
                  Prior boat '85 300SB Sea Ray
                  Lost in Hurricane IKE

Comment

Bon Ami is really abrasive - it'll clean, but the small scratches it leaves behind will just collect more dirt quicker.

I use VIM - squirt it on, gently brush it in with the deck brush, go back to where you started and brush again - dirt gone.

Comment

West Marine has a biodegradeable nonskid cleaner that I tried this spring it worked as good or better than the harsh chemicals of the other nonskid cleaners I have tried... I also like the woodys wax for nonskid....

Comment

lots of nods on the woody wax , interesting . Im always wondering as im using my harsh nonskid cleaner with the deck brush on a stick if the runoff is taking off the hard earned finish i put on the rest of the hull ? mmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                        X