Price-gctid375764

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price-gctid375764

New to boating... What is a fair price for a marina to do an engine oil change on a 5.0

Hard question. If you want to pay for the service, I think somewhere in the $50-$70 range is fair. Since it's a boat, expect double.....

We're getting bids on redoing the carpeting on our boat- one place doubled the price of the carpet because "it's a boat- we use special carpet".

It was the same carpet- I called from my office, and asked for pricing on the exact same part number and square footage.

Comment

I am pretty sure my marina is $60/hr

Comment

It's just an engine- do it yourself. No more difficult that changing the oil in your car.

Comment

Oil change for a 5.7 - up to 5 quarts, filter change, etc $101 tax and all in St. Louis.

Comment

Impulse wrote:
            I am pretty sure my marina is $60/hr
            WOW, now that's a fair rate!

$109/hr was last year's rate at my place and their reputation is NOT impressive.

Comment

LazyCrusr wrote:

$109/hr was last year's rate at my place and their reputation is NOT impressive.
              You live in the high rent district.

Comment

LazyCrusr wrote:

Sorry I was wrong. Looked at my bill and it's $80/hr

Comment

I dont think I could afford boating if I had to pay someone to do everything on my boat for me. Oil changes are not that difficult, do a little bit of research, read your manual and I am sure you could figure it out and save yourself some money.

Comment

I agree, unless you have really deep pockets and enjoy throwing money at people I would learn to do the easy stuff on your own. Do check out your local marina because some (I only know of 1, flat rate $60 for a V8 including filter and oil) of them do oil changes cheap just like car dealers.
                    Cheers, Hans
                    2007 Carver 41 CMY
                    Twin Volvo D6-370
                    Montreal, Canada
                    Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Go buy the pump and do it yourself. It screws on the dipstick and draws the oil up thru the dipstick. The filter is probably mounted right on the riser. Simple and a good learning experience.

Thunder

Comment

Working...
                      X