Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990 Bayliner Ciera 2556 Interior Floor replacment-gctid375396

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    1990 Bayliner Ciera 2556 Interior Floor replacment-gctid375396

    1990 Bayliner Ciera 2556 project currently under way.

    This boat is located in Southeast Alaska. This is not my boat, it is my fathers, but for taking over the maintenance and repairs, I get to use it when I like. It has a new, 7.2 454 Merc, well, new about 5 years ago but very low hours. Had a local marine repair shop put it in and run new wires, new started as of this year, the engine is a beauty. I've been fishing on this boat since I was 9 and I love it. So naturally I was thrilled when I heard that I could take over the "ownership" of this boat as I don't have the kind money around to even spend 10K on a something that could get me out on the water...factor in insurance...yeah, I can't afford a boat, so this was a great solution.

    While the boat has been kept in covered storage over the winter, it did have some serious interior water damage because of a leaky door, a bilge pump with a broken float switch and the fact that the pumps are connected to the battery switch which was set to "off" all winter. The interior floor is totally rotted out. Time to get out the saw.

    My plan is to clear out the interior and redeck it with some marine grade plywood. bath room...GONE. Watertank...GONE. Bottom sleeping area...GONE. Huge annoying bulkhead when you walk in the door....GONE. Refrigerator...GONE. Huge interior deck with room for fishing gear...everywhere. At least that is my plan. This boat had an identity crisis for awhile. Dad wanted something to fish in, Mom and sister wanted a comfortable cabin. Well, this is a day fisher all the way, so time to make it one in essence and strip out the needless crap.

    I did keep half of the seating area though and the spot for the table. I'll brace this up and put it back in when the floor is down. More picks will come later when I start putting new stuff in, but here is a preview, it got nasty.

    Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678831=26888-bayliner 2556 interior.jpg[/img]

    #2
    Looks like a fun project! You might move this thread to the completed projects section where you will find quite a few projects like yours. Keep us posted.

    Comment


      #3
      I thought that was for "completed" project Hopefully I can move it next week.More pics

      [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678843=26889-IMG_2010.jpg[/img]

      [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678843=26890-IMG_2011.jpg[/img]

      Comment


        #4
        I don't envy the task ehead, but love the pictures of the "guts", it's nice to see what is actually under the floor. Keep the pictures coming plz.

        Comment


          #5
          [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/681739=27285-table and console (768x1024).jpg[/img]

          [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/681739=27284-starboard (1024x768).jpg[/img]

          [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/681739=27283-galley table (768x1024).jpg[/img]

          [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/681739=27282-back pre sand (1024x768).jpg[/img]Here is an update on the ongoing Bayliner 2556 Interior remodel.Put down 3/4 inch marine grade ply for the deck, wood trim to replace the awful pink vinyl, think I am going to leave the bottom rail that had vinyl on it bare, kind of like the white. Sink, stove, and head all removed. In place their is a counter top and I relocated the wood piece with the hinges and mirror to the side of the counter for an available extension of the counter.Went with red mahogany for the interior and the outside teak "GASP" is about to get the same treatment. Dropped a little on the plywood deck so I just went with it, but I am going to eventually put matting in. I was able to sand most of the outside this morning but the weather didn't want to cooperate. Using Minwax poly in the interior wood but I picked up a can of the cetrol marine stuff for the outside.The seating area is back, at least half of it. I am looking forward to the freed up interior deck space and will not miss the previous huge waste of space in the least. Not quite ready for cushions though.Still have a lot of work to do before she goes in the water for the summer and I will post more pic of her when I get "finished." The hull could use a coat of wax and I will have to cover the bare fiberglass with something but that will be for another day.

          Comment

          Working...
          X