Bought a dinghy in canda, cant register...-gctid374872

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a dinghy in canda, cant register...-gctid374872

So I bought a dinghy from aquamarineboat.com in canada in decemberish. I came around to registering here about a month or so ago, found that I need a manufacture statement of origin and sales receipt in USD.

I have contacted this company, several times trying to get these documents. Promises of it being sent, then oh no it was just sent, then it was sent last week have come and gone. Promises of emails with copy's of the documents have come and gone. Nothing..... I have delt with douches like this before and I know where its going....

I have talked to "Micheal" there at least 5 times regarding getting this to me asap with no luck. They only seem to answer the phone when they feel and respond to emails if they feel like it. I am getting fairly frustrated because the only thing at this point I can do is stair at a useless 900 dollar dinghy.

So to my canadian bocers....wtf do I do now?

All I had to do for mine (I was missing the same paperwork as you) in Washington state is take a photo of the data plate of the dink and bring that in with the sales receipt and I got it registered.

You probably spoke to some nit wit and you need to ask to speak to someone else... I brought my photo in but had to blow it up bigger so they could see the numbers on the dink data plate from 100 yds away I think (jk). Anyway, give them a shout back and ask...
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:
      All I had to do for mine (I was missing the same paperwork as you) in Washington state is take a photo of the data plate of the dink and bring that in with the sales receipt and I got it registered.

You probably spoke to some nit wit and you need to ask to speak to someone else... I brought my photo in but had to blow it up bigger so they could see the numbers on the dink data plate from 100 yds away I think (jk). Anyway, give them a shout back and ask...
      Thats part of the issue, I have no reciept. They never sent one with the dinghy or a packing reciept. When I ordered it from the website, it never sent me one and I cant find where my printed reciept went. They are not answering their phones at all now.

MN state requires MSO and reciept in USD so they can force me to pay tax or they wont allow it to be registered.

Comment

Knowing you, you probably put the email receipt in a separate folder... I am sure you would not delete that emailed receipt...

If you used Paypal, that would work as a record, if you used a credit card, that would work as well... just sayin...
        Doug ;}
        MMSI: 338068776
        "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:
          Knowing you, you probably put the email receipt in a separate folder... I am sure you would not delete that emailed receipt...

If you used Paypal, that would work as a record, if you used a credit card, that would work as well... just sayin...
          ahhh I do have it on my credit card invoice.

Comment

where in Canada?

Surely someone on BOC in Canada could go knock on their door and remind them that their credibility is showing.

Comment

phone number resolves to richmond BC

Comment

biohazard wrote:
                Thats part of the issue, I have no reciept. They never sent one with the dinghy or a packing reciept. When I ordered it from the website, it never sent me one and I cant find where my printed reciept went. They are not answering their phones at all now.

MN state requires MSO and reciept in USD so they can force me to pay tax or they wont allow it to be registered.
                The receipt is the easy part, your an IT guy. The hard part is the MSO. I would ask what the procedure is for a lost MSO, Tell DMV that the manufacturer said they can't issue a duplcate.

Maybe reg as a homemade??

Whatever you do make sure all the paperwork is notarized even if it doesn't need to be.

The notary is attesting to your signature only, but for some reason MV clerks treat it like God blessed the document so it must be ok.

Good luck

Comment

Wouldnt the credit card transaction work for proof of sale??

Comment

http://www.customreceipt.com/

http://www.hooverwebdesign.com/free-...able-receipts/

http://www.smileygenerator.us/fake_receipt/index.php

http://www.invoicebyclick.com/invoice_maker.htm

There is a solution to every problem.
                    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                    1998 3055 Ciera
                    (yes, a 1998)
                    Previous boat: 1993 3055
                    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                    Sea Doo XP
                    Sea Doo GTI SE
                    Life is short. Boats are cool.
                    The family that plays together stays together.
                    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Impulse wrote:
                      Wouldnt the credit card transaction work for proof of sale??
                      X2!

Comment

Bingo , but you don't even need to be that creative. Even handwritten has worked for me.

What would really be fun is if it's not too late to dispute the charge thru the CC company.

I would bet you would get your MSO pretty quick when they are about to get charged back.

Comment

The state wouldn't do it, even with a reciept. I went to an sub-agent, not the actual office, located in a grocery store. They made it easy and quick. Then I found the MSO on the box the dink came in.

try a sub-agent. They are a little less 'by-the-book'
                          Tally and Vicki
                          "Wickus" Meridian 341
                          MMSI 338014939

Comment

s Keller wrote:
                            Bingo , but you don't even need to be that creative. Even handwritten has worked for me.

What would really be fun is if it's not too late to dispute the charge thru the CC company.

I would bet you would get your MSO pretty quick when they are about to get charged back.
                            Actually, thats what I would do.

In legaleese: "Warranty of fitness for general use: The item must be usable for the purposes it's manufactured for, bla, bla, bla."

Without the ability to register it, it can't be used...........

Besides, for a business who ships products, the card company can put the fear of God in them.
                            Captharv 2001 2452
                            "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

they are in Richmond BC close to Bridgeport & Knight St by Ikea.They have small warehouse operated by Chinese ppl.all the boats are from China.they selling on ebay.

#6 - 12851 Bathgate

604-227-8747

http://www.aquamarineboat.com/

http://www.aquamarineboat.com/index.php?mode=help&uid=3

about 2 hr from seattle.

mapquest will shaw you

Ps. if You not far from the border just drive there around 11 am and call him that You want to buy a boat and u llve in vancouver ,best if u call from pay phone with the area 604.

they don`t have regular business hours.

BTW.not bad boats,i think that You will be happy

i hope this will help

Comment

Working...
                              X