Carpet adhesive-gctid374777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet adhesive-gctid374777

I have a couple of areas where I need to glue the carpet back down in my boat-not on the floor but on the inner walls of the boat (I have snap out floor carpet). I was wondering what you guys have found to be good to use for this. I did see in the Overtons magazine a tub of carpet adhesive...

Thanks!

3M 77 Super Adhesive spray... Some is fast acting and some take time to get tacky before laying both sides together.
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

The 3-M adhesive works pretty well and is easy to deal with, but It does not have the holding power of regular carpet adhesive. The down side with regular carpet adhesive that comes in a can/bucket and you spread wtih a trowel is that it's messy and if you use too much it can "bleed" thru the carpet. I've actually had better luck with Permatex spray adhesive than with the 3-M stuff. Permatex 27828 Body Shop Carpet & Headliner Spray Adhesive is the stuff to get for my money.

Comment

Iv'e used outdoor carpet adhesive from Loews with no problems.

Comment

Outdoor carpet adhesive from box store, 1/16" notch trowel and use sparingly.

Comment

thanks for the advice guys! I will be shopping this weekend!

Comment

3M has an adhesive for headliners. Theres a light duty and a heavy duty. The professional boatwright uses the heavy duty one to glue the headliners and carpets in boats.

just spray both surfaces, wait a few minutes and stick together. Better make sure you line it up right the first time you try. It works that fast!
              Captharv 2001 2452
              "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Working...
              X