Where can I find a 305 Dinette Table?-gctid374482

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find a 305 Dinette Table?-gctid374482

I am looking for a wood colored cockpit table. So far I have put in new carpet, cockpit seats are almost done and a wood cockpit table would really add to the finished product.

My question is where can I buy either a wood cockpit table or the 305 dinette table? Where do you guys get your parts from?

Thanks

Wayne

Many make their own custom tables that I have seen. Not a whole lot to it, just gota install the "mount" under it.

I would just find something that looked good online and transfer the mount over, done piece of cake, unless you want it to be an exact replacement then some kind of cabinet shop im sure could do something.

Have ya searched online yet?>

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not retired yet. I'm a 35 year old boat owner with a wife, a 4 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. Even small projects like making a table seem almost impossible for me. When it comes to boating, I just try enjoy it and hire people to do the work, maintenance on it during the weeks while I am working.

If I could just buy a table, a good looking one, wooden that has the right mount that would be perfect. It's not as easy to find boat accessories as I thought it would be.

biohazard wrote:
      Many make their own custom tables that I have seen. Not a whole lot to it, just gota install the "mount" under it.

I would just find something that looked good online and transfer the mount over, done piece of cake, unless you want it to be an exact replacement then some kind of cabinet shop im sure could do something.

Have ya searched online yet?>

Comment

waynepj3 wrote:
        Unfortunately I'm not retired yet. I'm a 35 year old boat owner with a wife, a 4 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. Even small projects like making a table seem almost impossible for me. When it comes to boating, I just try enjoy it and hire people to do the work, maintenance on it during the weeks while I am working.

If I could just buy a table, a good looking one, wooden that has the right mount that would be perfect. It's not as easy to find boat accessories as I thought it would be.
        I know wayne, you have explained your reluctance to do any work on your boat and your reasons why. I am 28, not retired, full time 24/7 on call job, with a child and wife, WE do all the work on the boat from replacing drive parts to cleaning together lol you really dont have to explain this everytime I reply to your posts I wasnt trying to badger you at all. :livid::surr

I was just stating that many of the beautiful wood tables I have seen here by boc members, were made by those members. Custom woodwork is not something I am in any way good at and wouldn't be able to tackle, pretty much impossible for me as well. I was suggesting maybe find a table you like online and screw the mount to it, tada new wood table even you can do that . Just a matter of unscrewing a few screws, and screwing them back in no biggie.

Just a thought...

Comment

I've got a Craigslist RSS feed setup looking for 'round teak' -- someday the right one will pop.

Ryan is right, this literally is a few screw job...

Ryan what kind of job requires you on-call 24/7? Hope it's not all year! I'm a network engineer for a large hosting company and at least have a weekly rotation.

Comment

aa2300 wrote:
            I've got a Craigslist RSS feed setup looking for 'round teak' -- someday the right one will pop.

Ryan is right, this literally is a few screw job...

Ryan what kind of job requires you on-call 24/7? Hope it's not all year! I'm a network engineer for a large hosting company and at least have a weekly rotation.
            I work network/system support for around a 130 user company with 3 production websites for background checks. Unfornatly there is our network/systems admin and network/systems support which is me plus I deal with all the daily user BS on top of that. We are both on call 24/7, because theres only 2 of us it can be quiet a PITA! After a year of upgrades and whatnot, redesign of the entire network for full redundancy, increasing pipes, etc its calmed down a little. When I started, going down mid-day for an hour was the nomal. Now if they are down for 30 seconds at night, I get a phone call lol....

Wayne this is for you. Theres actually a massive amount of really nice tables online take a look.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=teak+tables

Comment

I'll make you one

Vikingbay.co have a look at the one I made for my boat

Comment

I have one in my basement...the stock wood look one. I don't use it. We use the cushion filler instead...mainly for the kids. I'm not willing to part with it, mainly because you never know when you'll want/need it...but if you'd like me to take some measurements or pictures for you, I'd be happy to do so.

John
                2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
                Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
                Bravo II drives
                Closed-cooling

Comment

We found the standard cockpit table too large for our use. Also since there is not a dedicated space to store it on board it was frequently in the way when removed.

Typically it's just the Admiral and I on the boat. So we replaced our cockpit table with a smaller plastic table. I simply removed the base from the original table and installed it on the new table top.

I love fine woodwork. But for now the plastic table works for us.

I saw a great table with a inset Marlin at a local shop but at $3500 it was out of my range. Way out of my range.
                  Jim McNeely
                  New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
                  Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
                  Brighton, Michigan USA
                  MMSI # 367393410

Comment

I had a rectangular one in my 305, it came out of the 289. Perfect size, four cupholders in the corners. Check out Nehalennia's work, pretty cool. Another thing on my list Todd, I'll be getting in touch with you...
                    Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
                    Lake Havasu City, AZ
                    |
                    Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
                    2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
                    2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
                    2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
                    2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
                    And 12 others...
                    In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

Hilarious!! Nice link.

biohazard wrote:
                      I work network/system support for around a 130 user company with 3 production websites for background checks. Unfornatly there is our network/systems admin and network/systems support which is me plus I deal with all the daily user BS on top of that. We are both on call 24/7, because theres only 2 of us it can be quiet a PITA! After a year of upgrades and whatnot, redesign of the entire network for full redundancy, increasing pipes, etc its calmed down a little. When I started, going down mid-day for an hour was the nomal. Now if they are down for 30 seconds at night, I get a phone call lol....

Wayne this is for you. Theres actually a massive amount of really nice tables online take a look.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=teak+tables

Comment

jeffw wrote:
                        I had a rectangular one in my 305, it came out of the 289. Perfect size, four cupholders in the corners. Check out Nehalennia's work, pretty cool. Another thing on my list Todd, I'll be getting in touch with you...
                        Thanks Jeff

That would be great. Now that I'm off my iPhone I'll post some pictures of what I did and can do for any of you.

My showroom model:

Comment

Ok now this table looks nice and functional. Where did you get it? Was it already set with the necessary mount?

JimMc wrote:
                          We found the standard cockpit table too large for our use. Also since there is not a dedicated space to store it on board it was frequently in the way when removed.

Typically it's just the Admiral and I on the boat. So we replaced our cockpit table with a smaller plastic table. I simply removed the base from the original table and installed it on the new table top.

I love fine woodwork. But for now the plastic table works for us.

I saw a great table with a inset Marlin at a local shop but at $3500 it was out of my range. Way out of my range.

Comment

I was inspired by Jim's table, and I ended up finding one at West Marine:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=50836

Very pricey for what it is IMO, but that is often the case with boating. I unscrewed the base from the original table, and screwed it onto this one.

We love it, love the cupholders, and the round shape for ease of maneuvering around it. There are four of us (2 adults, 2 young girls), so one with four plate spots would have been nice, but I couldn't find one.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678063=26827-DSC06873.jpg[/img]

Comment

I "built" a couple for the cockpit and transom of my 2855. They are both pre-cut pieces I got at lowes. I stained them and mounted them. Its a very very easy project. Im 26, married, and own and operate a business full time but I still find time to tinker with things. It helps with stress to undertake simple, non work-related projects from time to time.The round table is actually a round tabletop, precut and ready for stain. I think it was $20 at Lowes.The rectangular table is actually a staircase tread. It was precut and ready for stain also. $30 at Lowes.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678089=26829-3.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678089=26830-6.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678089=26831-7.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678089=26832-IMG_1362.jpg[/img] Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/678089=26833-IMG_1366.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X