2000 2452 Classic Express Special Edition-gctid374468

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 2452 Classic Express Special Edition-gctid374468

I am looking at upgrading to a bigger boat (well ok, the wife has 4 foot-itius, I so love her)

There is a 2000 2452 Classic Express "Special Edition" for 30,000. My question is............

What is the "Special Edition" part? did they slap Bobby Gordon stickers on it and call it that?

Is it really all that special? I know the bank will decide on if the price is good (I am thinking it is on the high side) but it does look to be a well maintained boat, and I will have the appraiser/surveyor that did mine do a report before I buy.
    Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...ours)-99646900

Comment

Yeah that is like the boat I am looking at but it doesn't say why it is a "Special Edition"
      Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

I am not aware of special edition 2452. From the link description looks like standard 2452, nothing special about it. Also 30K is a bit steep. I paid 26800 for my 2005 242 in 2010, it had literally 5 hours on it and shrink warp was still on the v berth mattress and appliances.

Comment

I think the seller is mistaken or he means the shore power package is the "special edition". Either way, seems to be a tad high for an older boat. I think you could easily find a 2001 which has a much different layout but a bigger engine area for working on it. I've owned both models. I like both but for engine work, more storage, flat aft cockpit, I prefer the 2001 and newer.

I would also look for a 5.7 with BII or BIII outdrive. 5.0 is fine when tied to a BIII or BII. Those are more efficient than the Alpha drive also found on 5.0 and some 5.7's...
          Doug ;}
          MMSI: 338068776
          "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

And that is why I love you guys.

There is a 2004 listed also , he wants 42000 which I think is really high. I may bave to make a trip to Vancouver or Washington real soon......

I just had my 1993 2002 WA appraised with the 2006 Suzuki DF 140 a Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke kicker, the Seabo 9' 6" raft and some misc other gear.

18,700. almost 6000 more than NADA (which stands for we don't know nada about boats.) Of course NADA said my galv trailer is only worth 225.00............
            Boatless at this time

Comment

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ371653856

the add is in quebec,canada

Comment

That is what I (I mean the wife) is looking for!!!!!!!!!. Too bad is isn't about 4000 miles closer LOL
                Boatless at this time

Comment

The previous owner of my 98 "SE" left a shipping list in one of the cupboards it's a check list of options included with the special edition. Shore power, carpet, etc. Mostly cosmetic but nice. The factory shorepower and 5.7 would be a requirement for me. The Bravo drive is a good thing too. Everything else can be added as necessary.
                  Carl

Comment

reggieralph wrote:
                    http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ371653856the add is in quebec,canada
                    Hey anybody know if the head/shower in this 242 is larger than the 2452 pre 2001 models?

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg&#91;/img]

Comment

It appears to be about the same size. Prior to 2001 they were head only - no shower. The showers on them were on the transom.

Comment

Hmmmmmm, Wife showering nekkid on the stern... Wow
                        Boatless at this time

Comment

Working...
                        X