Movin(39) to Comox-gctid373634

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movin(39) to Comox-gctid373634

Well, the good Lord has decided the shine His light on the bride and I and we are well into a build (house) in Comox, BC. We are hauling the Patrevan out there in a couple of weeks where we'll help with the build. Hopefully, weather and build scheduling will allow at least a few days of boating in the area this summer. We'd love to hear from others in the area and maybe hook up with those who are familiar with boating in that area. It's going to be a drastic change from boating in the little lakes in southern Alberta.
    Mike & Dixi
    2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
    Closed Cooling

You will be about 1 hour from some of the most beautiful waters and scenery of Desolation Sound and of course Salmon fishing is right outside the marina. The town is kinda small but I think that is a good thing. We broke down and were in Comox for three days waiting for a part from Vancouver that was being delivered by bus to the mechanic...
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Congradulations ! Post some pictures of your progress on the new house and of your new boating experiances. I hear Comox is a great area to live in

Comment

We live 15 minutes North of Comox and boat out of Pacific Playgrounds. Wecome to the neighbor hood, send a PM and maybe I can give you some useful info about the area.
        2005 2359 Trophy Pro "SOLD"
        "Amigo"
        B lll 5 ltr.
        1998 2452 (Sold) "Island Time"

Comment

Grew up across the pond from Comox - went there so many times I almost consider it home too. Lovely spot - you're lucky to be headed out that way.

We'll watch for you in Squirrel cove this summer

Comment

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:
            You will be about 1 hour from some of the most beautiful waters and scenery of Desolation Sound and of course Salmon fishing is right outside the marina. The town is kinda small but I think that is a good thing. We broke down and were in Comox for three days waiting for a part from Vancouver that was being delivered by bus to the mechanic...
            Thanks Doug. We have spent too many year in Calgary and are very eager to start enjoying the Island lifestyle. There has to be worse places to be broke down in a boat, than Comox.
            Mike & Dixi
            2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
            Closed Cooling

Comment

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:
              Thanks Doug. Yes, we are definitely looking forward to exploring Desolation Sound and the Salmon fishing. We are growing weary of the race that living in Calgary has become.
              Mike & Dixi
              2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
              Closed Cooling

Comment

usana wrote:
                We live 15 minutes North of Comox and boat out of Pacific Playgrounds. Wecome to the neighbor hood, send a PM and maybe I can give you some useful info about the area.
                PM sent. Thanks
                Mike & Dixi
                2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
                Closed Cooling

Comment

Working...
                X