Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone got a deal!-gctid372587

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I was out to dinner when this ended tonight, but probably would of bid on it. It could of cost 10k to ship it up to me, but it still would of been 10k less than what people are asking up here.

And it had new engines!

Makes me wanna cry that these boats are selling for so little.

I realize that it was an ebay auction with no reserve and that it sold for about half of what it could have. (in the PNW)

Five years ago boats of this age and approximate size were selling in the 40k-50k range in our area, even more in the PNW. Diesels were selling for 50k-70k depending on condition and location.........We would feel lucky to get 20k for ours, even with all the improvements I've made. :sorrow:

Comment

Try not to compare what you will get for your boat and ebay or any other price you see on the internet for that matter. The true value is what someone is willing to pay for it. I have a tendency of over doing my boats and even though it may be worth X in the real world there are people at my marina who have dibbs on Midnight Sun the day I decide to sell her. They know the boat, they know it is pristine, the know the time and effort that goes into every detail and will pay several times the "going" price take her off my hands. Believe it or not, $70 was my latest offer. If I go by ebay standard I could get a lowball one for $25 or less.

She is not for sale at any price, I continue to enjoy what I believe to be the ultimate and that in itself has no price tag. My children were raised on the boating experience from the day they were born, they grew up on them and today they are adults. The day I sell her if I get 25 or 75 I really could not care, I will have enjoyed her for sooo many years and those times and memories are priceless.
      Cheers, Hans
      2007 Carver 41 CMY
      Twin Volvo D6-370
      Montreal, Canada
      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

The marina the boat is in is in foreclosure and has been sorta condemned. All owners have to move on short notice. Article recently in the LA Times. Several are making quick sales rather than relocate.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3233161.story

Comment

Looks like a hell of a nice boat. Missed that one, she might of been on my trailer.

Comment

Yes they did!!!
            Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
            1998 3055 Ciera
            (yes, a 1998)
            Previous boat: 1993 3055
            Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
            Sea Doo XP
            Sea Doo GTI SE
            Life is short. Boats are cool.
            The family that plays together stays together.
            Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

She is not for sale at any price, I continue to enjoy what I believe to be the ultimate and that in itself has no price tag. My children were raised on the boating experience from the day they were born, they grew up on them and today they are adults. The day I sell her if I get 25 or 75 I really could not care, I will have enjoyed her for sooo many years and those times and memories are priceless.
              Along the trail of life you are not going to find many statements wiser than this one.

You only go around once and you better enjoy it he best you can. When we bought our 3870, I was 69. Many thought we were a bit out of it but I looked at it this way. If I am lucky enough to get 5 seasons out of it, it will be good. If not, what difference does it make.

We bought it right as luck would have it and we are about to start our 7th season this year.

Whatever its worth when we are unable to use it any longer, who cares. The memories are there. Had we not bought her, we would be thinking like Pilothouseking's signature, "what if?"

Doug
              Started boating 1955
              Number of boats owned 32
              Bayliners
              3870 presently owned
              Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

dmcb wrote:
                Along the trail of life you are not going to find many statements wiser than this one.

You only go around once and you better enjoy it he best you can. When we bought our 3870, I was 69. Many thought we were a bit out of it but I looked at it this way. If I am lucky enough to get 5 seasons out of it, it will be good. If not, what difference does it make.

We bought it right as luck would have it and we are about to start our 7th season this year.

Whatever its worth when we are unable to use it any longer, who cares. The memories are there. Had we not bought her, we would be thinking like Pilothouseking's signature, "what if?"

Doug
                That is a good way to put it.

I don't regret anything I did, but there are alot of things I didn't do that I regret.

Im stepping up the boat shopping process!

Comment

The boat you got is the one you need.

Of course, maybe I need a new boat. Sometimes you see something and just want it. I dunno.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-...item256f8c0c0b

Comment

That one has some nice buoys. I need some of those.

Comment

green650 wrote:
                      That one has some nice buoys. I need some of those.
                      I think the correct nautical term is fenders or perhaps even bumpers. Do you mind if I

+ 1

Cheers

Comment

iceclimber wrote:
                        The boat you got is the one you need.

Of course, maybe I need a new boat. Sometimes you see something and just want it. I dunno.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-...item256f8c0c0b
                        How many of our wives would allow that to come aboard for a nice day cruise. I'm thinking none.

Comment

Update on the marina closing.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1676424.story

Comment

CPonsig wrote:
                            Update on the marina closing.

http://"http://www.latimes.com/news/...,1676424.story
                            Look at all the the oil slicks in the water. I bet half of those boats haven't moved since 1980's, the barnacle colony on the bottom must be spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                            X