The Greys are out shrimping south of Hat Island-gctid371408

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greys are out shrimping south of Hat Island-gctid371408

Seapup and I went out for a bit, Greys are shrimping to beat the band. No breaching that we saw, just blowin & diving for chow.

Yeah, they've been over there for a few months now. We went out last weekend and saw one just southwest of Hat and then two more over by Tulalip. A few weeks before that, they were right in front of Everett and at the Southwest of Hat. Good for an afternoon drive.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

PICS - or it didn't happen! (Where have we heard that before?)
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "GetAway"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

jeffw wrote:
        Pics the guys around here are spoiled they dont take pics they just go back out and watch them again.:-)

Comment

jeffw wrote:
          I took this with my cell phone, so it is not the greatest. I also cropped the image to reduce size.

Comment

PugetMike wrote:
            I also cropped the image to reduce size.
            Who knows what SeaPuppy was doing on the right-hand side of the original picture...
            Rafael Figueira
            1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

rafaelfigueira wrote:
              Who knows what SeaPuppy was doing on the right-hand side of the original picture...
              He was driving, not sure what you meant here - but I am getting a bit worried about where your mind automatically goes. :P

Comment

rafaelfigueira wrote:
                wondering what kinda stoopid remark Raf is gonna come up with while I'm driving the boat trying to avoid 10 other boats....:kidding

that was fun...thanks for crewing with me mike....greatly appreciated...

:arr arrrr

Comment

So how do we know it wasn't one of them there Fishery guys in a new single man sub so they can fine you for approaching whales and Orcas within the 500 yds? Huh????

PugetMike wrote:
                  I took this with my cell phone, so it is not the greatest. I also cropped the image to reduce size.

Doug ;}
                  MMSI: 338068776
                  "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:
                    So how do we know it wasn't one of them there Fishery guys in a new single man sub so they can fine you for approaching whales and Orcas within the 500 yds? Huh????
                    Pictures can be a bit deceiving - the tour boat fleet was actually much closer than we were. If the WDFW boys were looking for some spare cash there were quite a few boats to choose from. As it turns out, their surveillance sub is in for refitting at Anacortes.

Comment

PugetMike wrote:
                      He was driving, not sure what you meant here - but I am getting a bit worried about where your mind automatically goes. :P
                      For most of the time, I have no idea where it goes either. Cool picture though, even if just with the phone.

There used to be a website with Puget Sound recorded whale sightings, with time and GPS location.
                      Rafael Figueira
                      1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Comment

rafaelfigueira wrote:
                        For most of the time, I have no idea where it goes either.
                        HA! I knew it!

Thanks for letting me practice my "twist the response to make the other guy feel sheepish" skills.

Comment

Did you report the whales to WDF&W for shrimping out of season? Shrimp season is May 5 & 11, 2012 only according to the regulations.

Comment

myflies wrote:
                            Did you report the whales to WDF&W for shrimping out of season? Shrimp season is May 5 & 11, 2012 only according to the regulations.
                            The "turn in poachers" program does not extend to whales engaged in shrimping - I think that falls under some old tribal rule, so nope - the whales are free to harvest nature's bounty. At least till those tightwads make it worth my while.

Comment

Working...
                            X