Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carguy
    replied
    I had very little oxidation and only did from the rub rail down (I do the top when it's in the water). Also, I took out the dock rash last fall with compound before I wrapped it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Seaquel wrote:
    I don't know about anyone else but what I've found it that it's best NOT to let it dry much if at all before buffing out. Just did mine today. Took two of us a little less than 4 hours. Used 3M compound in certain areas and then 3M color restore (mild compound with wax combined)

BTW there are two instances when I'm thankful I don't have a bigger boat. This was one of them. The other is when pulling up to the gas dock.
    I agree. I was using a Meguiars oxidation remover for marine and when I let it dry and then buff out - my results were terrible. However when I switched to removing it before it dried, things looked amazing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wow, nice boat! I now have a new standard to shoot for. If you think polishing one out is bad, try sanding one out! Due to a bad decision of applying a polymer coating a few years ago that didn't live up to it's hype for durability, I've had to sand out my 2455. Started with 220, then 400, 600 wet, 800 wet and finally 1000 wet...THEN hit her with rubbing compound and finally waxed her. I got the foredeck and starboard side done last summer and finally finished the port side a few days ago. Not all I have to do it go back over the deck and starboard side real quick with polishing compound to make everything even, wax her and I'll be ready for the water.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Alexirocz28 wrote:
    I hope my boat look as great as urs one day..... OMG I love your boat....
    Me TOO

Tell ya what, he has got one huge advantage that I can see: NO TREES!

Man but they make a mess of a boat

Sarah

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I don't know about anyone else but what I've found it that it's best NOT to let it dry much if at all before buffing out. Just did mine today. Took two of us a little less than 4 hours. Used 3M compound in certain areas and then 3M color restore (mild compound with wax combined)

BTW there are two instances when I'm thankful I don't have a bigger boat. This was one of them. The other is when pulling up to the gas dock.

Leave a comment:

• JimMc
    replied
    I stopped by another marina to pay my mechanic. He had a 54' SeaRay Express with a hard top in the well. It looked huge.

My first thought was what a PITA it would be to maintain such a big boat.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Patrick53 wrote:
    All weekend, and several advil later. Looks great after it's done. Just add water.

I hope my boat look as great as urs one day..... OMG I love your boat....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for all the kuddo's! The boat feels so small with crew aboard,:arr Feels like the Queen Mary when buffing and waxing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LazyCrusr wrote:
    YES, it is a lot of work and I only have a 24 footer (Thankfully )

I cannot imagine doing it to a 40' yacht
    Not a yacht. A highbread 46'. Top left to do.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice job on the boat Patrick, that is they way they should look in the spring. I have done 6 boats so far this spring and just got back to mine today... One more day on the topside and I'll be in the show and shine contest with you......

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yea Patrick, he's right: BEAUTIFUL boat

What I wouldn't give to have mine looking like that

Nice job!

Sarah

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OMG Patrick, credit to you, that's one fine boat.

Alan

Melbourne

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    All weekend, and several advil later. Looks great after it's done. Just add water.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I dont know how bad was ur boat but you made a great time .... but last year my capri took me a full day.....I dont even want to imagine how long gonna take for me to do the ciera.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    YES, it is a lot of work and I only have a 24 footer (Thankfully )

I cannot imagine doing it to a 40' yacht

Leave a comment:

Working...
X