Dolphins!-gctid370109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphins!-gctid370109

New to boating and boating on the North Carolina ICW. The other day we were out and we had dolphins swimming with the boat. I thought my wife was going to jump out right then! Learning to navigate in some very shallow water, but enjoying life!

That is awesome! I can't wait for that to happen to us.

Comment

I found that if you "push water" in front of you vice going up on plane, you can create a bubble at the bow and the dolphins will ride the bow wave... pretty cool...
      Doug ;}
      MMSI: 338068776
      "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

As a child I would sit up on the bow just to watch the porpises play in the bow wake

Funny how often I bet we do not even notice then there

Comment

Dolphins sound like fun. We don't have dolphins. We have geese. Canadian Geese. Lots and lots of Canadian Geese. My Canadian co-worker says that they are supposed to be called "Canada Goose", but that makes no sense, so I won't do it.

Dolphins are cool. Geese are mean.

Comment

This photo wasn't taken from my Bayliner.. it was on a fishing trip in Costa Rica 6 years ago, We ran into a pod of dolphins (maybe 1,000 of them) herding a ball of fish. It was an amazing site.. we trolled through and got a hit from a marlin... had it on line for maybe 10-15 seconds.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/673945=26369-CR 032.jpg[/img]

Comment

amazing!!!!

Comment

Paul from Hamburg wrote:
                Dolphins sound like fun. We don't have dolphins. We have geese. Canadian Geese. Lots and lots of Canadian Geese. My Canadian co-worker says that they are supposed to be called "Canada Goose", but that makes no sense, so I won't do it.

LOL one is a goose two or more are geese. However is you are talking about Moose they are Moose if there is one and Moose if there is more than one NOT Meese LOL

Comment

mdldgl wrote:
                  This photo wasn't taken from my Bayliner.. it was on a fishing trip in Costa Rica 6 years ago, We ran into a pod of dolphins (maybe 1,000 of them) herding a ball of fish. It was an amazing site.. we trolled through and got a hit from a marlin... had it on line for maybe 10-15 seconds.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg&#91;/img]
                  That is fantastic Wish I could see that regularly... or even once

Comment

Thought I had "lost it"... this was the view from both sides of the boat when we were right in the middle of the pack... have to be honest.. it brought tears to my eyes...one of the coolest sights I have witnessed first hand ( after birth of our children)..

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/674351=26389-dolphins (2).jpg[/img]

Comment

WOW! :goo-
                      2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
                      Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
                      Bravo II drives
                      Closed-cooling

Comment

That is unbelievable. Right place, right time X 1,000!
                        Mike P
                        The Bahamas
                        Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

Paul from Hamburg wrote:

If you check the passports of those Canada geese, some will be Canadian and some will be American, but all of them will be Canada geese. The Canadian Canada geese have to be careful to get back across the border in time each year or they lose their health care.

Comment

mdldgl wrote:
                            Thought I had "lost it"... this was the view from both sides of the boat when we were right in the middle of the pack... have to be honest.. it brought tears to my eyes...one of the coolest sights I have witnessed first hand ( after birth of our children)..

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg&#91;/img]
                            Wow that has got to be something to see up close !

Comment

whiskywizard wrote:
                              If you check the passports of those Canada geese, some will be Canadian and some will be American, but all of them will be Canada geese. The Canadian Canada geese have to be careful to get back across the border in time each year or they lose their health care.
                              lol good one

Comment

Working...
                              X