Lounge L-seat back removal-gctid369964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lounge L-seat back removal-gctid369964

Hi, I now have my GPS chartplotter and fishfinder installed on my 1993 2655 thanks to Ram mounts. Next on my list is to remove the L-shaped seat back as some of the staples have pulled out in one area next to the port side gunnel. The seat skin is in excellent shape but I have to remove the seat back to re-staple it. I don't see any screws or fasteners anywhere. Do I have to remove the seat bottom first to get at fasteners or how do I go about this? I appreciate any help or suggestions.

The '93 may be different, however on my '90 2755, the L seat back and base are only removable as a single unit. There are six Phillips head screws that you access through the ceiling of the aft cabin. Lay on the mattress in the aft cabin and look up toward the base of the seat and you will see them. It's pretty simple, just remove those screws and the entire L seat lifts away.

Comment

bfancy has a similar design to mine. The bottom must be removed to remove the back. I also had 1 bolts securing mine as well. Those were in the storage locker in the base of the seat.
      Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
      1998 3055 Ciera
      (yes, a 1998)
      Previous boat: 1993 3055
      Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
      Sea Doo XP
      Sea Doo GTI SE
      Life is short. Boats are cool.
      The family that plays together stays together.
      Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Got the seat removed today and the edge re-stapled. Thanks for the helpful replies guys!

Comment

Cool.
          Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
          1998 3055 Ciera
          (yes, a 1998)
          Previous boat: 1993 3055
          Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
          Sea Doo XP
          Sea Doo GTI SE
          Life is short. Boats are cool.
          The family that plays together stays together.
          Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
          X