• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2452 with outboard 200 HP engine-gctid369162

This is boat from GERMANY with outboard MERCURY 200 HP engine :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNBGJLkN4nQ ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFPjYYwukvc ;

Nice, bet it puts a V8 to shame when it comes to fuel consumption. Also I can only imagine the possibilities of taking out the fire wall and using the space or part of it to make the aft cabin into a suite.
    Cheers, Hans
    2007 Carver 41 CMY
    Twin Volvo D6-370
    Montreal, Canada
    Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Yes, there are possibilities, however,.....

The limiting factor is co$t. A 200 HP outboard is about 17K, while a 200 HP V6 I/O pachage is about 12K. The prices are before cat converters, but I think you get the drift.

This must be the reason why boat manufacturers do not design mid range cruisers for O/B power.

Also taking out an I/O and replacing it with a bracket O/B is fraught with peril. The boat was originally dsigned to have the I/O power and not have an O/B hanging 3-4' off the transom.

I have a friend who worked for merc as a marine engineer. His job was to work with manufacturers and look at their hulls and choose the I/O package for it based on performance. Then, they bring special I/O drives which allows the setting of the "X" factor and trim range. (X factor is the height of the ventilation plate above the hull bottom), and a small trailer full of different props to "dial it in".

With all that in mind, someone arbitrarily hangs a bracket and O/B on it? Maybe it it was massaged like they did the I/O....
      Captharv 2001 2452
      "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Awesome possibilities... Triple fuel tank, storage on top of new fuel tank, lighter weight. The transom can be strengthened several ways to prevent any stress problems... I think its cool...

It sure is fast...
        Doug ;}
        MMSI: 338068776
        "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:
          Awesome possibilities... Triple fuel tank, storage on top of new fuel tank, lighter weight. The transom can be strengthened several ways to prevent any stress problems... I think its cool...

It sure is fast...
          Tell me about it. Pop the hatch and jump into the Jacuzzi.
          Cheers, Hans
          2007 Carver 41 CMY
          Twin Volvo D6-370
          Montreal, Canada
          Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Very cool indeed. Looks like it really scoots too.
            Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

captharv wrote:
              Yes, there are possibilities, however,.....

The limiting factor is co$t. A 200 HP outboard is about 17K, while a 200 HP V6 I/O pachage is about 12K. The prices are before cat converters, but I think you get the drift.

This must be the reason why boat manufacturers do not design mid range cruisers for O/B power.

Also taking out an I/O and replacing it with a bracket O/B is fraught with peril. The boat was originally dsigned to have the I/O power and not have an O/B hanging 3-4' off the transom.

I have a friend who worked for merc as a marine engineer. His job was to work with manufacturers and look at their hulls and choose the I/O package for it based on performance. Then, they bring special I/O drives which allows the setting of the "X" factor and trim range. (X factor is the height of the ventilation plate above the hull bottom), and a small trailer full of different props to "dial it in".

With all that in mind, someone arbitrarily hangs a bracket and O/B on it? Maybe it it was massaged like they did the I/O....
              And the point is? Some people think a $30,000 diesel is worth it. This post is what prompted me to start the future of boating post as this guy most likely did this for fuel economy amongst other things. Taken in Germany they are probably $8 a gallon or more. This may also be another viable option to reduce consumption in Bayliner boats in the future. I know I sure as heck would take a hard look at one.
              Cheers, Hans
              2007 Carver 41 CMY
              Twin Volvo D6-370
              Montreal, Canada
              Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

There I found some interesting pictures :

;

;

There is how they connected 200HP engine : ; ;

Comment

Wow, so very neat and simple. Heck I could weld that up in my shop for a few hundred $.
                  Cheers, Hans
                  2007 Carver 41 CMY
                  Twin Volvo D6-370
                  Montreal, Canada
                  Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Very cool, that 2452 is hauling fast. I imagine light weight outboard compensates for heavy I/O power package. Only problem is forget about swim platform.

Comment

MidnightSun wrote:
                      And the point is? Some people think a $30,000 diesel is worth it. This post is what prompted me to start the future of boating post as this guy most likely did this for fuel economy amongst other things. Taken in Germany they are probably $8 a gallon or more. This may also be another viable option to reduce consumption in Bayliner boats in the future. I know I sure as heck would take a hard look at one.
                      Point was: reason that not many O/B midrange cruisers are made by manufacturers. Most you see are mods to an existing boat.

IF the prices were simular, I would consider one.

Ease of upgrading or increasing power, quieter, etc. I would have considered it.....

But not at 5-10 grand more

REmember, most boat are bought by non-boater, or shall I say non-boating experienced.
                      Captharv 2001 2452
                      "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

I got one more picture inside engine room

Comment

Looks like a great place to store a generator.
                          " WET EVER "
                          1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
                          mmsi 338108404
                          mmsi 338124956
                          "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

dktool wrote:
                            Looks like a great place to store a generator.

!
                            2007 Discovery 246
                            300mpi BIII
                            Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

For example EVINRUDE 200DCX 433 lbs /

196 kgs[/SIZE] 25" / 635 mm White 1.85:1 Electric FasTrakÔäó Power Trim and Tilt Remote

Mercruiser 5.7 L + BRAVO = apr. 440 kg ( diference 244 kg !!!! )

Comment

Working...
                              X