New York Boat Show-gctid343257

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York Boat Show-gctid343257

Sorry this is a little late but went to the New York Boat Show this past weekend and was disappointed. It was definitely smaller than last year. And last year was smaller than the previous year. You get the picture. Sunday was active but not busy. My marina had a couple of vendor spots for boats and said it was dead Wednesday to Friday. Saturday was hopping.

Bayliner had only two cruisers on display - 285 and 335. It wasn't too crowded at Bayliner. I am thinking of canning the New York Boat Show next year and try out the Atlantic City Boat Show.

245_Tom wrote:
    Sorry this is a little late but went to the New York Boat Show this past weekend and was disappointed. It was definitely smaller than last year. And last year was smaller than the previous year. You get the picture. Sunday was active but not busy. My marina had a couple of vendor spots for boats and said it was dead Wednesday to Friday. Saturday was hopping.

Bayliner had only two cruisers on display - 285 and 335. It wasn't too crowded at Bayliner. I am thinking of canning the New York Boat Show next year and try out the Atlantic City Boat Show.
    I think all the boat shows are downsizing. The Detroit show used to be huge and you could spend the whole day and not see all the boats. Last year it took me about an hour to see all the boats. I have heard that the Cleveland show is now the biggest in my area. One of these years I may go and check out Cleveland.
    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club
    www.wrycc.com

Comment

I went to Oakland last year, I think it is the last show on the circuit. Very small. The one in Sacramento has about dried up completely.

Comment

Same here in Los Angeles, last years show was terrible. I'm not going to go at all this year. Last year the highlight was an alligator show, this year its paddle boats for the kids.:surr

Comment

Going tomorrow if the weather doesn't get to bad. We will see what it has to offer. Looks smaller then last year... which was smaller then the couple of years before.

Comment

Four years ago the NY show had 58' boats on display now the Geico race boat is the largest boat your going to see. I didn't bother going this year ....

Comment

245_Tom wrote:

Funny, I skipped the 2010 NYC show because of the crappy Atlantic City show. I normaly attend The NYC and both the Atlantic City shows.

The 2010 in water AC show was horrible, very few vendors or boats same admission price. It looked more like a small club meeting.

No thanks , I'll be back when the economy picks up.

The withdrawl symptoms kinda fade with time....

Comment

s Keller wrote:
                Funny, I skipped the 2010 NYC show because of the crappy Atlantic City show. I normaly attend The NYC and both the Atlantic City shows.

The 2010 in water AC show was horrible, very few vendors or boats same admission price. It looked more like a small club meeting.

No thanks , I'll be back when the economy picks up.

The withdrawl symptoms kinda fade with time....
                Steve,

I have never been to the Atlantic City Boat Show but heard it was pretty good. But that was a couple of years ago. I guess all the boat shows have changed. Maybe I'll skip that one, too. Last year I went to three boat shows. Ledgewood Mall in Roxbury, the Field House in Sparta and NYC boat show. Maybe its time to take a break. - Tom

Comment

AC has two, The in-water is I think in September at the marina. the other is at the convention center and usually a much bigger show, this year its in Feb.

After a couple of disappointing shows I decided to stop going for a while.

It's about a 90 minute drive to AC for me and the group I was going with wasn't into gambling.

It took about the same amount of time to go thru the show (in water) as it did to get there.

Just not worth it.

If you can go and make a day of it outside of the boat show it might be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X