Microwave Size and Placement for 2655-gctid343239

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microwave Size and Placement for 2655-gctid343239

Hi All, I'd like to put a microwave on my boat. Would a .7cu be a good size and if so has anyone found a cleaver spot to place/mount it?

Do you know your measurements? I am actually looking to replace the microwave in my 2000 2855. My microwave cut-out measurements are 18 1/2 W, 9 3/4 H, 12 ÔÇô 13 D. It is currently housing a Samsung MU3050W which I believe is 0.5 cubic feet.

You have to be REALLY careful about paying attention to measurements! It seems 0.7 cubic feet is the smallest compact microwave you can find. (I found a few smaller but the selection was extremely limited). The problem is, while my microwave cut-out is plenty wide and deep, it has a height of 9 3/4 inches. I can find NO compact microwaves with this height or less. It appears sometime in the last decade, all microwaves got decidedly taller. I have had no luck finding a black or stainless steel microwave that will fit in the cut-out.

Edit: If you don't have a cut-out for a microwave then you have no worries!

Comment

I have a 2010 245 SB and it came without a microwave. Lucky for us there was a 255 in the showroom next to our boat and kind of got the idea for placement from that model. We remove the front face of the little cubby hole right behind the stove top. It was held on with screws from the inside. Took measurements and found a .7 cubic foot microwave at Target that was a perfect fit. It was an Emerson brand. It does stick out a little in the front but does not interfere with the top of the stove when it is opened. - Tom

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/645862=23776-2010 Bayliner 245 054.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X