Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    dramaminedragon wrote:
    An ice box can work very well, try it a few times before you get rid of it. Rreular block ice is all I would recomend, dry ice can be dangerous.
    Ok will do Thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    An ice box can work very well, try it a few times before you get rid of it. Rreular block ice is all I would recomend, dry ice can be dangerous.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for the tips and welcome.

I think I will keep the ice box under the sink and use my waeco 110ltr [esky style]for longer trips.

Leave a comment:

• itsabowtime2
    replied
    Before you purchase a replacement unit measure your opening to the cabin vs. the size of the replacement fridge. In some cases the fridge was installed before final assembly of the boat and the entrance to the cabin is to small to remove/replace the unit.

And welcome to BOC. I hope to visit your country someday.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffw
    replied
    Hi Dave, welcome to the BOC! If you're anywhere near Brisbane, watch out for PeterW, he cruises around in a 3988. He'll steal your women and drink all your booze...rod

I used to have ice boxes in campers and van conversions and camp out here in the desert in 110F.+ temps (40-45C.?) A 25 lb. block of regular ice would last 1-2 days, depending how many times you opened the box. I never used dry ice in those days, too expensive. More recently, 2005 to be exact, we camped on our pontoon boat on Lake Powell, 100F.+ temps, and we used 2 ice chests. In one we used dry ice, more like a freezer, and only opened it once or twice a day. The dry ice lasted 3-4 days. The other ice chest had crushed ice and canned drinks, deli meat, condiments, etc. and we got ice every 1-2 days. If you have the cash to install a 110(240?) with 12 volt, that would be easier, but you can make the ice box work. Just open it sparingly, and put your beer and sodas in a seperate ice chest. Hope this helps...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What I should have asked because I know how ice works LOL is do you use dry ice in them.

Dave

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Bayliner 2355-gctid368378

Bayliner 2355-gctid368378

Hi

I just purchased a Bayliner 2355 and have discovered the fridge is actually an ice box.[should have done my home work and not trusted the dealers description]

It is not a big or expensive job to change as I can do it myself but I would like to know how these boxes work and how long would the ice last in normal conditions[usually around 30c/86f here].

Thanks Dave
Working...
X