To get longer time between pumpouts.-gctid571095

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get longer time between pumpouts.-gctid571095

Get a spray bottle of any car wax. Give the toilet bowel a shot once in a while. You don't have to actually wax it but it would be better if you did.

But just a shot on a dry bowl will make the "stuff" slide down easier requiring less water for a flush.
    Started boating 1955
    Number of boats owned 32
    Bayliners
    3870 presently owned
    Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Just make sure you don't get the seat too . . . . :P

Comment

I use Pam cooking spray, because I don't know what car wax might do to the bacteria balance in the tank. Pam is just oil, so I think it shouldn't do anything to it.

Comment

I have been doing this for a few years and haven't noticed any difference. I wonder about the bacteria anyway. When you pump a septic tank you have to introduce bacteria to get it started. We pump the tank all the time so I wonder if there is bacteria working anyway.

I have just been thinking about adding the same stuff you put in a septic tank when I lay it up for the winter. I am in heated storage so it should work on anything left in the tank.

It used to be you just threw a cake of yeast in the toilet and flush. I don't think you can buy cake yeast any more. I never heard of the dry yeast working but maybe it would.
        Started boating 1955
        Number of boats owned 32
        Bayliners
        3870 presently owned
        Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

I have been doing that since I bought my 87 2455. You are correct it does allow you to use less water to flush and the bowl stays cleaner. I would wax mine in the spring and a couple of times during the season. I would only have to pump out my 3055 once or twice a season since 99% of the time it was only myself on board + I only used the head when I was not able to use other facilities like when I was anchored out.
          Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
          West River Yacht & Cruising Club
          www.wrycc.com

Comment

Working...
          X