Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spend the night on the hook in Jacksonville, FL-gctid569136

Hey guys!

I live in Jacksonville, FL and while there is water EVERYWHERE I have no experience with spending the night on the hook. My wife's grandfather has a 38ft Holiday Mansion and I am looking for somewhere that we could spend a night or 2 at anchor-likely bring my 19ft Bayliner 195 and tie up together. He lives on the ICW close to Ponte Vedra so if you guys know if anywhere on the ICW I would love to hear about it. I remember someone telling me about a place where the "old ICW" opened up but I cannot remember where it was.

Thank you!

Have you tired looking at the area on Active Captain? That would probably be your best bet for finding a suitable location.

Comment

Hey...I'm in Jax on the ICW off Beach Blvd. There's a cove (I have no idea how shallow or deep) I believe over close by the Palm Cove Marina. I've seen sailboats mooring over there before. There's also Fort George Island, or even Cumberland Island.

Btw...Where do you typically boat at around here?
      2002 Bayliner Capri Sport 195 Mercruiser 5.0L Alpha I Gen II

Comment

I used to live in Jax Beach near the Beach Blvd bridge. I don't know if it can still be done but people would be moored in St. Augustine by the Bridge of Lions all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X