Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to forum and considering a 2455-gctid367655

Hello,

I'm Jamison, from Juneau, AK. My wife has given me the OK to buy our first boat, and has picked out the 2001 and newer 2455. There appear to be two engine options, and I'm looking at the 5.7l with bravo III drive. Is anyone familiar with this model/engine combo?

There seem to be several available in and around Seattle, and I'm curious if anyone has worked with or knows of a particular broker that is selling one. The boat I'm currently looking at is http://www.bellinghamboatland.com/details.php?ID=517

Thoughts?

Jamison Sanders

Welcome to BOC. The 2455 is a good boat to start with, not too big and not too small, I had a 2355 for our 1st cruiser, it was a great boat. The 5.7 and bravo 3 will be plenty for that, I would only recommend a bravo 3 though they give you much more control than the standard alpha drive. The alpha is a decent drive though dont get me wrong .

Boat looks good, make sure you have everything checked over and that everything works. The full camper back is a nice touch, really adds to the cockpit space. Good luck

Comment

Welcome to the Boc Jamison!

Guys, you might see a resemblance in the family name.

Best of luck with your boat search, the guys (and gals) here have the most combined knowledge about Bayliner boats that you'll find anywhere.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Good luck. Great little cruiser, and that drive package is more than enough for that boat.

Comment

I had the 2001 2455 with the 5.7 carb and B3 drive before the current one. The admiral and I have nothing but great things to say about that boat. We looked at 25-30 boats and picked that as the best in the price range.

Note that upgrading the carb to a four-barrel will improve both HP and fuel economy a lot. In fact if you put a lot of hours on it, you will get a payback pretty quickly. We got a 20% improvement in fuel economy.

Comment

I bought my boat at Bellingham Boat Land. You have a lot of extras that I wish mine had, like the 5.7 B3, campertop, washdown.

It looks like it has everything you need for a great time.
            1992 4588
            Sea Nile

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

Get 'er done!

That is nice set up.

I'd recommend you get a survey done just to be sure. I went with the surveyor and basically got a complete lesson on how everything worked (and made sure it did). I don't know if they all work that way, but I sure learned a lot.

Comment

I think you can safely expand your search a little, I am a former owner of a 2000 2455 which was the first year for that model. It also resurfaced as the 245 for a few years recently before being retired for good.

I had the 5.0L 220hp engine, and it was ok but if I were buying again I'd definitely pay the extra for the 5.7. We used the heck out of that boat for 11 summers before selling it last spring to get a bowrider.

Things to look for based on what I experienced:

1. Sun damage to the dash area (fading, cracks, 'melted' screw covers)

2. Bathroom door that doesn't close well enough and pops open when under way (or when you pull on it lightly)

That's about it, we loved it while we had it. Good luck with your search.

Comment

joe440 wrote:
                  I bought my boat at Bellingham Boat Land. You have a lot of extras that I wish mine had, like the 5.7 B3, campertop, washdown.

It looks like it has everything you need for a great time.
                  And the grill!

Comment

I was at Bellingham Boat Land today. I saw the boat. Its in great shape. Enjoy it
                    1992 4588
                    Sea Nile

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

I had a 98 2455 and regret selling it. My family grew up around that boat and it was a joy to trailer and float with. Now, I wouldn't go out in the AK N Pacific very far with it, but it'll do the job around the bays and islands. Might even catch a fish or two....

Comment

I had a 2005 245SB as our first salt water boat. We went all over the Puget Sound in that boat. The 5.7L is a good choice and the B3 will give you better control when coming into the dock. You'll also get pretty decent gas mileage, well OK decent for a boat. LOL

The best advice I can give you besides getting a survey done is to spend time sitting on the boat to get a feel for how much space you have. When we got the 245 we thought it had lots of room and for a boat that size it's a good layout, IMHO. But keep in mind that you're not going to be hauling 10 people around in that boat. For us it was a good 4 person boat. Room enough without being overly large.

Plus the single engine will make it more economical to operate and with gas prices heading upwards you'll be glad for that this summer (and next summer and the next..etc...)

Comment

Jsanders wrote:
                          Hello,

I'm Jamison, from Juneau, AK. My wife has given me the OK to buy our first boat, and has picked out the 2001 and newer 2455. There appear to be two engine options, and I'm looking at the 5.7l with bravo III drive. Is anyone familiar with this model/engine combo?

There seem to be several available in and around Seattle, and I'm curious if anyone has worked with or knows of a particular broker that is selling one. The boat I'm currently looking at is http://www.bellinghamboatland.com/details.php?ID=517

Thoughts?

Jamison Sanders
                          Jamison, I have the same drive train on my 246 and it will do 40+ mph, similar size boat. The B3 will make you look like a pro around the dock with a little practice, especially in reverse, good luck with her and welcome.

Comment

This is still a buyer's market - get someone else to play ''lets make a deal" for you, if you are unwilling to play

Comment

thanks for the comments. We did end up buying this boat. It should be here on the 17th. I'll post pictures in a new thread when it gets here.

Jsanders

Comment

Working...
                              X