Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swim grid generator-gctid367431

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Swim grid generator-gctid367431

    How do those of you with generators on your swim grid fasten them down ?

    Do you cruise with them on the swim grid or put them there when at anchor ?
    1988 3218
    Triple “O"
    Hino diesels

    Seadoo Wake 170

    #2
    I used Rok Straps for mine, bungees aren't solid enough for this. Never while under way, only put out there while anchored, rafted, or beached.

    Comment


      #3
      Its nothing that you want left on the platform overnight while slipped and your not there! It just says Hello! come and take me!

      Set mine under the capt. chair with straps to hold in place, that way it can breath if you have any gas spilled ect. Never Never in the engine bay!!

      Comment


        #4
        I'd never cruise with a genny on the platform. First of all, it will get covered with salt spray. Even fresh water couldn't be good for it over time. You could take a large wave or wake on the stern and flood it completely. No matter how well you strap it down, it's heavy enough that it would be hard to totally secure. More weight aft will cause you to take longer to plane.

        Comment


          #5
          I have had my honda generator on the swim platform of both my old 2355 and my 3055. My 2355 had it perminently mounted to the swim platform via stainless eye hooks BOLTED to the swim platform and ratchet strapped down. I never had an issue in the 2 years it was there and the new owner never had any issues with putting his there either. I covered it with a waterproof cover you can get from honda when the generator was not in use. On my 3055 swim platform is much larger so I just place it on the swim step and bungee it to one of my stainless handles when in use. Otherwise I stow it in a magical place when not in use that I cant discuss here, NO JEFF!!!

          Mounts on 2355



          Just sittin on the 3055 (imfamous pic, safety experts need not apply)


          Comment


            #6
            My boat is a Christmas Ship. For 9 years I have bungied my genny to my swim deck , cruised up and down the river while it was running. never any problems.


            Comment


              #7
              Like Ryan and others I just set miy honda on the swim step while running and used a bunge to hold it there. They don't vibrate much and I never really needed the bunge, but it was good piece of mind.

              Unlike Ryan I removed the generator before lighting the barbecue. Ryan was trying for one of those darwin awards that day.

              KEVIN SANDERS
              4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
              www.transferswitch4less.com

              where are we right now?

              https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

              Comment


                #8
                They don't vibrate much and I never really needed the bunge, but it was good piece of mind.
                That's what I said when I first got mine. One day I walked out onto the swim platform to start grilling, and the generator had one foot off the edge and was 1/4 off the platform. Out came the straps. Always strap it. I have no idea why mine moved, but it was minutes away from being a $900 artificial reef.

                Comment


                  #9
                  You might never have a problem with river boating but a following sea and the right conditions will swamp a swim platform.

                  And anything on it.

                  Doug
                  Started boating 1955
                  Number of boats owned 32
                  Bayliners
                  2655
                  2755
                  2850
                  3870 presently owned
                  Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

                  Comment


                    #10
                    dmcb wrote:
                    You might never have a problem with river boating but a following sea and the right conditions will swamp a swim platform.

                    And anything on it.

                    Doug
                    Very true, I have only had my swim platform and cockpit swamped once due to a massive wake.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      That's interesting, the platform on my 3055 is nearly always swamped when I come off plane. Maybe it's our style of coming off plane? Or the extra weight of my built-in gen?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        SwampNut wrote:
                        That's interesting, the platform on my 3055 is nearly always swamped when I come off plane. Maybe it's our style of coming off plane? Or the extra weight of my built-in gen?
                        That is interesting, I dont have that problem at all really. I only got swamped that 1 time from a huge wake, it actually came right into the cockpit.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          [QUOTE]biohazard wrote:
                          I have had my honda generator on the swim platform of both my old 2355 and my 3055. My 2355 had it perminently mounted to the swim platform via stainless eye hooks BOLTED to the swim platform and ratchet strapped down. I never had an issue in the 2 years it was there and the new owner never had any issues with putting his there either. I covered it with a waterproof cover you can get from honda when the generator was not in use. On my 3055 swim platform is much larger so I just place it on the swim step and bungee it to one of my stainless handles when in use. Otherwise I stow it in a magical place when not in use that I cant discuss here, NO JEFF!!!Is this the picture you couldn't find?

                          http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img][SIZE]5 wrote:
                          BWAHAHAHAHA![/SIZE]
                          Jeff & Tara
                          (And Ginger too)
                          Lake Havasu City, AZ

                          2000 Bayliner 3388
                          "GetAway"
                          Cummins 4bta 250s

                          In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Like others I simply bungee mine to the hand rail. It has never moved from vibration. I don't run with it there, but would have no qualms about doing so in calm waters going slow

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I strapped mine on the front deck. Short cord to the shore power inlet. Positioned so you could start it from the hatch without getting on the deck.

                              Always there and never a problem. Out of the way and the weight where you want it.

                              Doug
                              Started boating 1955
                              Number of boats owned 32
                              Bayliners
                              2655
                              2755
                              2850
                              3870 presently owned
                              Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X