Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    dmcb wrote:
    Tony, the floors are pretty tough. The side tubes aren't. The sharp things you put on the floor can slide to the side also.

If you are worried about the floor, just get a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet and cut to fit. It should add protection to the floor.

But again, the tubes must be protected.

Doug
    Good point Doug. Maybe I should just get a canoe. LOL

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    We just purchased a 2011 Zodiac Cadet 285 - 9 1/2 feet long. Solid floor (wood panels). I had the same type before and lasted 15 years, tubes were okay, but the floor material was givving up.Zodiac tenders are made in France and come with 5 year warranty for PVC material and 10 year warranty for the Hypalon. Ours actually folds in a bag, it takes 10 minutes to fold or unfold.Here's a picture of it.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/670224=26010-pic1.jpg[/img]

Leave a comment:

• dmcb
    replied
    Tony, the floors are pretty tough. The side tubes aren't. The sharp things you put on the floor can slide to the side also.

If you are worried about the floor, just get a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet and cut to fit. It should add protection to the floor.

But again, the tubes must be protected.

Doug

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Question about the high pressure inflatable floors. Are they prone to leaks from debris and equipment being placed in the dinghy? I am in the market and will use my dinghy to get to-from shore and occasionally haul a crab-pot or two. Seems like the wooden or aluminum floors would be better for this, especially hauling any sort of fishing gear which tends to consist of lots of pointy, sharp things.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    jeffw wrote:
    Didn't you get the Aquamarine, wood floor? Did they swap for aluminum? If you did it over, you'd get HP inflatable floor? (Guess what I'm shopping for...)
    We got the Aquamarine with aluminum floor and wood transom. You can get them with fiberglass transom for 100 more, worry free kinda setup. I got the aluminum floor because of the wieght raiting (1100lbs). It also has inflatable keel of course and all the other goodies. I had only suggested the inflatable floor to the PO because he wanted to be able to assemble/disassemble on his boat, the inflatable floor would be alot easier that dealing with the aluminum.

The only downside is there is no real way to assemble on the boat, its not bad but a little tempermental to get the floor in, but once its in boy is it nice!

Couple downsides with Aquamarine.

1. French Canadians, fairly poor customer service, once you do finally get ahold of them they do as you ask promptly. Difficult to understand on the phone at times, dont seem to start work before 11:00 Central standard time. Takes 3-4 days to respond to emails.

2. Registering vessel, its from canada, so you need Manufacture Statement of Origin and bill of sale in USD, depending on arizona laws, mn is trying to force me to pay tax on a boat that i bought on the inet.

3. Shipping, my boat arrived in a box that looked as if it was thrown down a hill, it took a hard hit and all the rivets on 1 side of the aluminum floor were busted out. Not a big deal I can fix it but aquamarines response was to "give me money to buy a rivet gun". LOL..... This is likely not their fault, though packaging could be better. UPS has damaged 3 of my pacakges in the last 6 months, I am not very pleased with their shipping methods.

The plus side about this dingy though is its solid as hell, the floor is absolutely amazing and its beefy with lots of hold on straps. If you can deal with the BS I posted above I would go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffw
    replied
    biohazard wrote:
    my dinghy has an aluminum floor, but I cant really imagine anyone trying to set it up on a boat, it would be a nightmare. I agree with the inflatabkle floor.
    Didn't you get the Aquamarine, wood floor? Did they swap for aluminum? If you did it over, you'd get HP inflatable floor? (Guess what I'm shopping for...)

Leave a comment:

• captharv
    replied
    I have a 9'3" BOATUS with a 8 hp 2 stroke. It will plane and run 20 MPH with 425# of people.

The question in answetr to your question is what is teh anticipated usage of it?

Bringing the family and dog ashore? Running at 15-20 MPH?

If you are only using as a shuttle between shore and the boat, and have no interest in planing speed, the slatted floor models are the easiest to inflate. This can easily be done in your boats cockpit. A 4 hP 4 stroke will be sufficient.

Next in performance (and price) are the "floored" models. Can be wood, aluminum or composit. Real P.I.T.A. to set up. However an 8-10 on a 10' boat will plane it.

Next, is the high pressure inflatable floor. They can be set up in the boats cockpit, but they cost.

Materials: Hypalon is more rugged and slightly heavier than PVC. Mine is a 1996 model hypalon and looks very new.

With the info I gave, you makes your choise and pays your money.

Pumps: Buy the biggest, meanest looking electric one. Money buys faster inflation times.

Leave a comment:

• boatworkfl
    replied
    Look up the nearest BJ's wholesale club and look or call about a Coleman inflatable, 8.8' long, up to 5 hp, in Jacksonville FL it was about $489.00, alum floor.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    We went with a West Marine 275 HP http://www.westmarine.com/buy/produc...ort-boats.html.

It will roll up into a carry bag that is 3'X2'x18". Takes about 10 minutes to inflate with the foot pump that comes with.

They will deal with you. We walked out of there with ours for $900 and tax.

Leave a comment:

• MidnightSun
    replied
    I had one I got from ebay several years back called "Maax" however they seem to be gone. This one is a carbon copy by looking at the build details. My dock neighbour has it now after I decided to go the PWC route. Here is a link to the 10' but they have smaller or bigger depending on what you want. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Inflatab...#ht_868wt_1413

Leave a comment:

• dmcb
    replied
    Steve, a wood floor would work for that but keep in mind you have to store the floors and they are bulky.

Doug

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When i first bought my boat 12 years ago I got a free dingy with the boat. I didnt use it for the first year as it didnt really fit very well on the boat so i sold it. We are starting to tow the boat down to the gulf for vacations, and think a dingy would be nice to have for those occasions. The idea being we set it up at the dock and then use it for the week and then dismantle it. That would also give us the option of leaving it in the slip if we dont need it that day.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    You will enjoy having a tender so much that you will end up not wanting to inflate/deflate each time you want to use it.

Consider an inflatable with a Weaver Davit system installed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    my dinghy has an aluminum floor, but I cant really imagine anyone trying to set it up on a boat, it would be a nightmare. I agree with the inflatabkle floor.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Check out www.Bigdogboats.com and let me know if any of them are to your liking. These are high quality boats. Pick one and I can give you a quote.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X