1977 Bayliner Liberty Painted Black Stripe-gctid365985

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 Bayliner Liberty Painted Black Stripe-gctid365985

my Liberty has a factory painted black stripe that goes from one side across the boat under the windshield to the other side.

Because the bow rail ran along the stripe on the sides, I never gave it much thought to making it look fresh. however I removed the bow

railing to have it sand blasted and re anodized at a friends shop. (free). I would like to repaint the stripe black, however

I am not sure what paint to use or how to paint it using blue painters tape (masking) with out causing little paint hairs to form

when removing the tape. Any pointers how how to make it look nice would be helpful.

Thanks

Weather you use paint or gel-coat, if you apply the same color you are masking the leaks will be filled. Just apply the color you want then remove the tape to find a clean edge.

Comment

The black stripe is probably gel coat from the original hull build up.

Have you considered wet sanding it, then polishing it, and seeing if you can bring it back to life?
      Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/669340=25883-P1014088.jpg[/img]Here is a shot of the stripe

Comment

Mask it and paint it. If the edge is not sharp enough, finish it with black pinstriping tape for a nice clean edge.

Comment

Working...
          X