Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    cwiert wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not going to lie, the thing is pretty loud. Where is the boat? I'm at Hays Haven in Chester. I think there's only 3 places in CHester, so you might be buying a boat from my marina.
    It's at Chrisholm

Leave a comment:

• cwiert
    replied
    Gilligan wrote:
    Ignore my PM. What are the odds that you live so close to where I'm buying the boat. The noise level is my only concern so let me think about it. I'm sea trialing the the boat about the 3rd week of April.
    Yeah, I'm not going to lie, the thing is pretty loud. Where is the boat? I'm at Hays Haven in Chester. I think there's only 3 places in CHester, so you might be buying a boat from my marina.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    cwiert wrote:
    Here's a pic of the motor. Is it the greatest motor in the world? No. It runs fine and it's light, but it's LOUD! It's also air cooled. I'll shoot you a PM with some more details and you can decide if you want it.-John

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

Ignore my PM. What are the odds that you live so close to where I'm buying the boat. The noise level is my only concern so let me think about it. I'm sea trialing the the boat about the 3rd week of April.

Leave a comment:

• cwiert
    replied
    Gilligan wrote:
    Could you send me a pic or description and let me know what you want for it. Oddly enough, the boat I'm buying in a few weeks is on the CT River so maybe it's not too far from you. It's in Chester CT.
    Here's a pic of the motor. Is it the greatest motor in the world? No. It runs fine and it's light, but it's LOUD! It's also air cooled. I'll shoot you a PM with some more details and you can decide if you want it.-John

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just went through the same thing. Be a little caution regarding those $%^&*( Insurance companies. I have had two kickers stolen off of my Trophy, both 8 HP Merc 2 stroke LS's. The first in 1997, State Farm covered no problem on the BOAT POLICY. Last thanksgiving, the meth head JV's got the replacement. Called State Farm and was told it was (serial number) not listed on the policy and if it was parked (on the trailer on my property -- it was), the would cover it on my Home Owner policy but the $500 deductible would apply. Needless to say I was/am not a Happy State Farm Camper. I did have the agent add a increase to the Personal Property that would cover any and all kickers, plus sent him a digital photo including serial numbers on the replacement kicker and everything else that had serial numbers. Should the occassion arise again, they will be NO Arguments.

Leave a comment:

• cwiert
    replied
    Gilligan wrote:
    Could you send me a pic or description and let me know what you want for it. Oddly enough, the boat I'm buying in a few weeks is on the CT River so maybe it's not too far from you. It's in Chester CT.
    Huh. My boat is in Chester. Go figure. I live about 35 minutes away, but if the timing works out, can i bring the motor down to Chester with me. If its a weekend, chances are I'll be working on the boat anyway.

I'll snap a few pics, get some details on it and get back to you shortly.

-John

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    cwiert wrote:
    I'm not sure where you are located, but I have a 3hp motor just sitting in my shed. I use a 8hp on my dinghy. I'd be willing to part with the 3 hp. Shipping would probably be a pita and expensive, though.

Leave a comment:

• cwiert
    replied
    I'm not sure where you are located, but I have a 3hp motor just sitting in my shed. I use a 8hp on my dinghy. I'd be willing to part with the 3 hp. Shipping would probably be a pita and expensive, though.

Leave a comment:

• RinnyBeth
    replied
    Bradvo wrote:
    I know your not serious but you'd be surprised at what some drugs cost.

My dad has Luekemia (sp) along with the 62 pints of blood he has had so far his one pill a day cost him close to 500 bucks for just one pill a day.

With help he got this this lowered to a cost of 250 bucks a day , his cost...so got it in half.

I just got an email from him today and he got a 10,000 dollar grant to help him with the cost of staying alive.

and yes, I'm sure this comes from us taxpayers, but he has paid in all his life , God bless his soul.

Far as the thief, cut his hand off !!
    both the boys are Hemophiliacs.. I have to keep it in my truck, schools, hospital incase of accidents they have.. there was 8 boxes in a special thing.. hense 8 boxes of meds is 25k- 2 days worth.. the crazy thing is, the truck alarm was on and it still got taken.. I dont think it was specific for that.. I think it was punk kids raiding cars.. 7 other cars in our driveway got ransacked too.. I had to call around to the ER and clinics to let them know if some dumba$$ came in and couldnt breath or thier blood was too thick to pump thier hearts.. call the cops.. we found the idiots robbing cars on our street..

the boys are the only 2 hemophiliacs in southeast here.. hense its not a common med to keep in the hosp or pharmacies.. one shipment is easy 100k for them.. hense special rental insurance here, the truck, and boat..

Hemophilia= their blood doesnt clot..a bump, cut, head injury, bloody nose can all be fatal if I dont get them factor meds within a golden hour.

I keep the local hosp stocked with their meds and the school they attend.. I trained the local fire dept on what to do and the school nurses..

Bradvo.. prayers to your family.. yes chemo meds are very spendy.. my dad had chemo for 2 months.. his VA benies covered most, but he had a huge out of pocket co-pay.. meds are out of hand more in pricing.. the rarer the illness, the higher the meds... sucks when something that can save your life, you cant afford to buy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    green650 wrote:
    What did your son have in there, 4 kilos of meth???
    I know your not serious but you'd be surprised at what some drugs cost.

My dad has Luekemia (sp) along with the 62 pints of blood he has had so far his one pill a day cost him close to 500 bucks for just one pill a day.

With help he got this this lowered to a cost of 250 bucks a day , his cost...so got it in half.

I just got an email from him today and he got a 10,000 dollar grant to help him with the cost of staying alive.

and yes, I'm sure this comes from us taxpayers, but he has paid in all his life , God bless his soul.

Far as the thief, cut his hand off !!

Leave a comment:

replied
    RinnyBeth wrote:
    learned hard lesson when 25k in my sons meds were robbed out of my truck 5 months ago.. ..
    What did your son have in there, 4 kilos of meth???

Leave a comment:

• RinnyBeth
    replied
    we have our outboard padlocked to the kicker mounts on the swimstep.. we go down every other day to check the boat while the capt is away.. The wharf rats havent gotten it.. even creepy in the sailboat who walks the dock gawking in peoples boats hasnt messed with anything... SUCKS it got taken.. maybe your household insurance will cover it... they told me its concidered "household goods" for whatever we have IN the boat and truck.. learned hard lesson when 25k in my sons meds were robbed out of my truck 5 months ago.. the local doughnut patroll still hasnt done anything about it.. and :hammerState Farm said S.O.L.. nothing we can do without renters insurance.. pffffffffft..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm not sure what my deductible is but maybe I'll look into it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    dktool wrote:
    The way you made out on your boat claim you might get a brand new 4 stroke out of this !

Or get your policy cancelled, you feeling lucky ?
    Nah, you won't have to worrk about getting cancelled- unless you're a serial claimant....

Leave a comment:

• dktool
    replied
    The way you made out on your boat claim you might get a brand new 4 stroke out of this !

Or get your policy cancelled, you feeling lucky ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X