No announcement yet.

My outboard got robbed... it never ends-gctid365816

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure where you are located, but I have a 3hp motor just sitting in my shed. I use a 8hp on my dinghy. I'd be willing to part with the 3 hp. Shipping would probably be a pita and expensive, though.
    2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
    Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
    Bravo II drives
    Closed-cooling

Comment

cwiert wrote:
      I'm not sure where you are located, but I have a 3hp motor just sitting in my shed. I use a 8hp on my dinghy. I'd be willing to part with the 3 hp. Shipping would probably be a pita and expensive, though.
      Could you send me a pic or description and let me know what you want for it. Oddly enough, the boat I'm buying in a few weeks is on the CT River so maybe it's not too far from you. It's in Chester CT.

Comment

Gilligan wrote:
        Could you send me a pic or description and let me know what you want for it. Oddly enough, the boat I'm buying in a few weeks is on the CT River so maybe it's not too far from you. It's in Chester CT.
        Huh. My boat is in Chester. Go figure. I live about 35 minutes away, but if the timing works out, can i bring the motor down to Chester with me. If its a weekend, chances are I'll be working on the boat anyway.

I'll snap a few pics, get some details on it and get back to you shortly.

-John
        Bravo II drives
        Closed-cooling

Comment

Just went through the same thing. Be a little caution regarding those $%^&*( Insurance companies. I have had two kickers stolen off of my Trophy, both 8 HP Merc 2 stroke LS's. The first in 1997, State Farm covered no problem on the BOAT POLICY. Last thanksgiving, the meth head JV's got the replacement. Called State Farm and was told it was (serial number) not listed on the policy and if it was parked (on the trailer on my property -- it was), the would cover it on my Home Owner policy but the $500 deductible would apply. Needless to say I was/am not a Happy State Farm Camper. I did have the agent add a increase to the Personal Property that would cover any and all kickers, plus sent him a digital photo including serial numbers on the replacement kicker and everything else that had serial numbers. Should the occassion arise again, they will be NO Arguments.

Comment

Gilligan wrote:
            Here's a pic of the motor. Is it the greatest motor in the world? No. It runs fine and it's light, but it's LOUD! It's also air cooled. I'll shoot you a PM with some more details and you can decide if you want it.-John

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

Bravo II drives
            Closed-cooling

Comment

cwiert wrote:
              Here's a pic of the motor. Is it the greatest motor in the world? No. It runs fine and it's light, but it's LOUD! It's also air cooled. I'll shoot you a PM with some more details and you can decide if you want it.-John

Ignore my PM. What are the odds that you live so close to where I'm buying the boat. The noise level is my only concern so let me think about it. I'm sea trialing the the boat about the 3rd week of April.

Comment

Gilligan wrote:
                Ignore my PM. What are the odds that you live so close to where I'm buying the boat. The noise level is my only concern so let me think about it. I'm sea trialing the the boat about the 3rd week of April.
                Yeah, I'm not going to lie, the thing is pretty loud. Where is the boat? I'm at Hays Haven in Chester. I think there's only 3 places in CHester, so you might be buying a boat from my marina.
                Bravo II drives
                Closed-cooling

Comment

cwiert wrote:
                  Yeah, I'm not going to lie, the thing is pretty loud. Where is the boat? I'm at Hays Haven in Chester. I think there's only 3 places in CHester, so you might be buying a boat from my marina.
                  It's at Chrisholm

Comment

Working...
                  X