Anyone know what we bought???-gctid365596

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what we bought???-gctid365596

Anyone out there tell us what we bought??? its a Capri, 1950 or 2050, year is 1990 its a 4 cyl, runs great, price was right and we love our toys. She is currently in getting new vinyl and canvas then off to be wrapped then........in the water, I will get the VIN, hoping someone out there can helpSig & Jojo

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/668647=25844-Picture 090.jpg[/img]

No. But I like it. I'd like to pick up a toy like that someday. Something to do some water skiing and tubing on. There's nothing wrong with having two boats.

Good luck with it.
    2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
    Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
    Bravo II drives
    Closed-cooling

Comment

I doubt it's a 2050. Need the Hull ID number to know for sure though.

-Jorden

Comment

Great looking boat. I do like this model year style. Congrats!!

cwiert wrote:
        There's nothing wrong with having two boats.
        I agree completely!

There is nothing wrong with having TWO boats, There is nothing wrong with having TWO boats, There is nothing wrong with having TWO boats, There is nothing wrong with having TWO boats, There is nothing wrong with having TWO boats, There is nothing wrong with having TWO boats ....

Comment

I believe that is a 2052 for model number, but not sure of the two letter designation that comes at the end.

2052FD was the designation for the 20' Trophy with I/O.

Comment

myflies wrote:
            I believe that is a 2052 for model number, but not sure of the two letter designation that comes at the end.

2052FD was the designation for the 20' Trophy with I/O.
            You are correct.

Its a 1990 2050 Capri Cuddy, or a 2052. I don't remember which one it was, but in any event, thats a 20 foot Capri Cuddy.
            Matt Train
            BOC Site Team
            Chicagoland, IL

Comment

LOL, thanks for the help all, hate to sound dumb but bought from a friend of 30 years and he never cared what it was, here is the HIN if it helps

B1YD04CKC090

Sig & Joanne

Comment

I had a 2050 and it wasn't a cuddy so my money is on 2052...nice looking boat...I assume u had drive unit down for some reason but it does need to be higher if towing or you will lose some important parts.

Comment

CapriSS2050 wrote:
                  I had a 2050 and it wasn't a cuddy so my money is on 2052...nice looking boat...I assume u had drive unit down for some reason but it does need to be higher if towing or you will lose some important parts.
                  Thanks for the input Capri, yes it does seem low. I dont tow anymore so I paid no attention. It will only be towed twice a season, in and out and I will be sure to check the drive.

Sig

Comment

I previously owned a 1995 2052 Capri Cuddy. While it was a fun boat, and it was fun it really was to small for the big lakes. I mainly boated on Lake Erie and there were more days than not that the lake was to rough to enjoy so I moved up to a 2655.

You will have a lot of fun with your Capri. It is a great boat for skiing and tubing and just all around having fun. Good luck.
                    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                    West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                    www.wrycc.com

Comment

......and at times a Freighter can be too small for Lake Erie:-)

Comment

RGrew176 wrote:
                        I previously owned a 1995 2052 Capri Cuddy. While it was a fun boat, and it was fun it really was to small for the big lakes. I mainly boated on Lake Erie and there were more days than not that the lake was to rough to enjoy so I moved up to a 2655.

You will have a lot of fun with your Capri. It is a great boat for skiing and tubing and just all around having fun. Good luck.
                        Thanks Rick, we got her as a fairweather boat and the lake does get crazy here, thats what the seadoo's are for

Comment

In that era:

XX00=outboard

XX50=sterndrive/open bow

XX52=cuddy

I'm sure there are anomolies, but them are the basics.

Comment

CapriSS2050 wrote:
                            ......and at times a Freighter can be too small for Lake Erie:-)
                            Absolutely.:surr
                            Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                            West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                            www.wrycc.com

Comment

Working...
                            X