1993 2755 Lounge Seating Options-gctid365136

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 2755 Lounge Seating Options-gctid365136

I have been working to get this thing ready for spring, and the next step is replacing the vinyl. Now, the previous owner has removed the backrest from the short section of the "L" so that they could set facing backwards. My choice, since we won't be pulling skiers is to put this back on so my passengers don't fall backwards when I throttle up. I had the idea of a changable backrest, but could not find out just how to do it until now. On another thread on here I found this pic of a 2000 2855 that has exactly what I would rather do. Does anyone know where I can find the brackets and hinge setup to do this instead?What I have:

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/668179=25815-dsc_1957medium.jpg[/img]What I want:

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/668179=25814-photo4.jpg[/img]

Try Bayliner customer care. They should be able to get you a part number.
    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
    1998 3055 Ciera
    (yes, a 1998)
    Previous boat: 1993 3055
    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GTI SE
    Life is short. Boats are cool.
    The family that plays together stays together.
    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

I looked up the hardware from bayliner and it "appears" to just be a hinge mechanism mounted deeper than the base of the seat, which makes sense from an engineering standpoint, but won't work on mine unless I cut holes for it. Does anyone know of a bracket that could be mounted in the seat that would allow something like this to work? I have some ideas in my head of what one would look like, but there is no simple way to build one that would work easily. My thought is it would bolt down to the flat surface, have a slide with notches where the backrest would slide to one end, then lock in and allow a lean angle. To move it, you lift the backrest out of the notch, it slides the other way and locks back in another groove and leans the other way. It's pretty simple in my head, but i'm not sure if someone makes one.

Comment

Check out the following thread

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...ight=2455+seat
        John Rupp
        1989 2455 Ciera Sunbridge
        5.8 OMC Cobra

1989 3288
        Starshine
        Hino 135

Comment

johnrupp wrote:

Thank you johnrupp, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I'm going to study this and see if I can get this done, it looks perfect!

Comment

johnrupp wrote:

I'm working on that same project right now! I love that set up and thanks to the OP for the excellent guide and pattern.

Comment

Working...
            X