My new (to me) 2000 Ciera 2855-gctid364821

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new (to me) 2000 Ciera 2855-gctid364821

I picked this boat up for a song. Its my first cruiser and I have a lot to learn! After tinkering with a few things, we have everything working except the battery charger. I am in the process of replacing it. It only has 150 hours on it. The previous owner kept up with all the maintenance on the engine and outdrive, kept it covered and in a slip year round. It has the 7.4 with the bravo III that runs awesome! She has been in fresh water her whole life.When it comes out at the end of the summer, I am having the bottom paint re-done and a full detail inside and out. I really need to get some wax on it, as it looks faded and dull/dry.I have already built 2 new tables for it (see pics below) and the wife and I have spent several nights on it already. (We still have not found a comfortable position for both of us in the V berth). That said, Ive never had so much fun on a boat! We are looking forward to a full summer out on the water!Here are a few pictures(moving day)

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/667859=25794-1.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/667859=25795-2.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/667859=25796-3.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/667859=25797-4.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/667859=25798-5.jpg[/img]

No pics

Grab the [IMG] code not the html code

Cant wait to see the pics when you get them fixed

Comment

Comment

Nice tables. The size of the cockpit table is much more practical the the original. What would you use the transom table for?

Comment

Seaquel wrote:
          Nice tables. The size of the cockpit table is much more practical the the original. What would you use the transom table for?
          Thanks! I plan to use it for outdoor cooking with a small tabletop grill or the electric skillet. I have been using it as a mini bar for mixing drinks and whatnot. Might use it for food prep or basically anything that needs to be placed on a level surface. There are not many level surfaces on the boat as it sits low in the rear, even the cockpit table has a slant to the rear.

The cockpit table is a pre-fabbed piece that I picked up at Lowes. It was $17. I stained it Red Mahogany and finished it with several coats of poly. I unscrewed the mount from the original table and screwed it to the bottom of this piece. Really cheap and easy project.

The transom table also came from Lowes. It is actually a tread board for a staircase. I think it was right at $20. I stained and finished it to match the cockpit table. It has 4 c-clips on the back that snap over the hand rail, and the legs are just 1-1/2" PVC with 45 deg elbows on bottom of the table and rubber table feet on the legs to prevent damage to the boat. The legs are wide enough to clear the transom locker with it installed. The legs turn inward to allow the table to fold down flat against the transom when not in use.

Comment

Really love the table ideas and thanks for explaining how you did it. My 2855 is fairly new to me as well. It's a couple years older but seems to look the same. So far I am loving the boat!

Comment

Congrats on the boat. That is exactly the same boat we had as our first boat.

We really loved it.

Why are you not sleeping in the cave, I only spent one night in the v-berth and that was because the inlaws were in the mid.

One improvement suggestion. The hatch covers yellow real quick, I tried everything to get them back to white with hardly any luck.

Then someone suggested that I spray paint them with Rustoleum for plastic,

WOW did they look good.

Your tables also turned out awesome. :worth
              SoundDreams.org

Comment

My wife said she was too clostrophobic to sleep in the cave, otherwise thats where i would be! There does seem to be a mild odor back there from the engine compartment i assume.

It just kinda has that engine smell in there. I might have to open the windows and air it out.

Comment

Great boat!

Comment

Congrats - great looking boat!!

Comment

Congrats.

The boat looks great!!
                      Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                      1998 3055 Ciera
                      (yes, a 1998)
                      Previous boat: 1993 3055
                      Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                      Sea Doo XP
                      Sea Doo GTI SE
                      Life is short. Boats are cool.
                      The family that plays together stays together.
                      Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

The cockpit table is a pre-fabbed piece that I picked up at Lowes. It was $17. I stained it Red Mahogany and finished it with several coats of poly. I unscrewed the mount from the original table and screwed it to the bottom of this piece. Really cheap and easy project.

The transom table also came from Lowes. It is actually a tread board for a staircase. I think it was right at $20. I stained and finished it to match the cockpit table
                        Cool. I thought you cut and manufactured them yourself. I actually swapped out the cockpit table for a smaller one also. Mine however is just white plastic. Dosen't look anywhere nice as yours. The good part however is that it is super light and can easily stow in the aft locker. It also has indented circles as drink holders.

Comment

Great looking boat! Same 2000.5 as mine with the 7.4 BIII and love it. I just got mine last September and replaced the radio, 4 speakers, LED lights throughout, Magma grill attached to the transom rail, and will be soon tinting the interior 'teardrop' windows.

You're right about the mid cabin area. It smells like an engine in there, especially with the door shut. I'm not too sure if this is completely avoidable for this model but I've had guests in there with the little window open and have had no complaints.

Comment

Great boat ! Transom table is good idea. I have been missing table back there For my table top grill - I may borrow your idea....

Comment

That boat looks great! One of these day's I'll manage to upgrade to a cruiser, in the meantime I get to look at pics of boats like yours!

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X