2002 Ciera 2655 Snap-on flat top availability?-gctid364476

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Ciera 2655 Snap-on flat top availability?-gctid364476

I'm looking for a snap-on-top similar to the picture below, I'm scowered the internet with no luck of finding one.. I'm using a tarp now, and it absolutely sucks. Does anyone have a clue where to get one that fits .. perhaps factory fit?

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/667506=25758-radar4.jpg[/img]

jaywoodz wrote:
    I'm looking for a snap-on-top similar to the picture below, I'm scowered the internet with no luck of finding one.. I'm using a tarp now, and it absolutely sucks. Does anyone have a clue where to get one that fits .. perhaps factory fit?

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]
    Have a canvas shop make one, or make one yourself... it's not a terribly hard thing to make. You'd be lucky to find an original one, and it'll either be $$ or old. That's a relatively inexpensive piece of canvas to have made.

Comment

ishiboo wrote:
      Have a canvas shop make one, or make one yourself... it's not a terribly hard thing to make. You'd be lucky to find an original one, and it'll either be $$ or old. That's a relatively inexpensive piece of canvas to have made.
      I'd love to try and find one. Boat is in the slip now, and I know I'd have to take it out to get it custom made. The sun is just killing my interior.

Comment

jaywoodz wrote:
        I'd love to try and find one. Boat is in the slip now, and I know I'd have to take it out to get it custom made. The sun is just killing my interior.
        Should be plenty of canvas guys that'll come right to your dock. Ask around your marina, someone is sure to know of someone. I'd be real hesitant to leave the boat outside for any length of time at all without it.

Comment

Leta's top shop. She is the authorized Bayliner cutter for canvas. Have your hull number ready when you call her. It will be an exact fit. She has a nice website.

See, easy as that.
          David
          http://www.cambridgeadvertising.org
          http://www.davidladewig.com

Comment

Had one made by a local guy over here on the Potomac R. near Wash DC. He had to install snaps across the stern as the boat ('97 2355,) came with only a drop down"cruise curtain". Cost ~$800 10 years ago. He came to the boat. Actually he would not do it with the boat on land. Same blue sunbrella. Use it every summer at the dock. Still in excellent condition. The dark blue looks Great but there's definitely a thermal rise underneath it. For warmer climates (than the mid Atlantic) I might suggest a lighter color unless you've got a covered slip. Later used the stern snaps for custom white vinyl slantback with big window (~$575). Later yet had a custom made replacement bimini & new front & side curtains (?~1500). This has lasted 9 years. Original canvas & windows were wasted after 2 yrs.

If snaps need to be installed around the back, suggest you let the pros do it. Too easy to crack the gelcoat.

The marinas around here all have business cards of locals who can do it.

Let's top may come without the snaps on the top installed. If you have to do that, it might be challenging not knowing how tight etc & keeping the wrinkles out.

Make sure there is a pole midships to keep water from pooling in the canvas back aft, stretching and ruining it.

I am with you on wanting to get it done asap though. The vinyl covers on the seats are NOT waterproof so any water will get inside and rot thing out in a hurry. The suns rays also do a number on any exposed surfaces hard or soft. You want to have this stuff on there so you can enjoy the boat better the whole time you have it.

DonM

'97 2355

Comment

Four Pyrates wrote:
              Leta's top shop. She is the authorized Bayliner cutter for canvas. Have your hull number ready when you call her. It will be an exact fit. She has a nice website.

See, easy as that.
              I ordered this 2 weeks ago.. 6 week wait, about $600. Not bad price and looking forward to it!

Comment

Anybody have any suggestions, or know if there is a place that has made one in Washington DC area? Taking delivery of new 266 in a couple of weeks and want to have the slantback available sooner rather than later -- or at least have it measured for fabrication before winter shrinkwrap.

//mph6625

Comment

Working...
                X