Volvo engine info-gctid363743

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volvo engine info-gctid363743

Can anyone give me any info on Volvo AQ151 #250 Engines? Fuel usage @ cruise, RPM Range Etc. would be appreciated. Boat is a 1981 32 foot Explorer twin inboard. Thanks.

sorry mate, not NEARLY enough information to give any kind of an answer.

Comment

I can't help you as to what to expect for fuel economy.... much depends on your useage, size of the hull, how you load it, etc.

I will say that these are great little engines and very dependable when kept up on maintenance.

Here's a link to parts schematics for the three versions of the AQ151.

http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/...t-7744660.aspx
      Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

+1 with everyone else. Good motors but in what?

Economy could be 6-7 mpg in a small boat or 1.7mpg as twins in a 28 or 32 footer....

RPM specs with a good tune up and correct props should be WOT at 5000-5500 rpm.

Lots of info in the link below in my sig.

Comment

Roy; I don't have a good answer for your question but I have a question for you. Where are you located (B.C. Canada)? I have a cousin named Roy Kelln. It might be you? Ernie
          1990 2755 Bayliner Merc Cruiser (350 Chev 4 brl) Engine Alpha 1 leg. Merc 9.9 long leg 4 stk Big Ft

Comment

ekuehn wrote:
            Roy; I don't have a good answer for your question but I have a question for you. Where are you located (B.C. Canada)? I have a cousin named Roy Kelln. It might be you? Ernie
            Maybe. I have relations in the USA. California mainly. I live in Mission B.C. Canada

Comment

Roy Kelln wrote:
              Maybe. I have relations in the USA. California mainly. I live in Mission B.C. Canada
              I grew up in Hatzic Prairie and have a sister and brother inlaw that still live at McConnell Creek. I have a 50 year Mission High Grad Reunion I will be attending in September in Mission. I started boating there when I was a kid. Built a 9 1/2 ft. pram when I was about 14 years. Kept it just above the Hindu Bridge on Farms Road. I would row down the Hindu Slough and into Hatzic Lake and fish and fool around. every thing was a bit more laid back in those days. Your probably not related to me. My cousin Roy grew up in Abbotsford and his mother's maiden name was Isaak. I think he might have moved back there again but I havn't talked to him for several years. according to the family history book my mother has relatives in Reedley California, but I don't know anything about my uncle Fred Kelln's family, where they were from? I thought everyone in B.C. came from Saskatchewan? Even though we are probably not related you must be a good guy because your a boater(most of them are) Sorry for hijacking your thread with all this genealogy crap but the name Kelln is not that common and having the same first name as my cousin, I had to ask. Ernie
              1990 2755 Bayliner Merc Cruiser (350 Chev 4 brl) Engine Alpha 1 leg. Merc 9.9 long leg 4 stk Big Ft

Comment

No Problem. No, I don't have any extended family in B.C.. My main relations are in Sask. Nice to hear from another vowel less Kelln. Good boating to you.

Roy Kelln.

Comment

Working...
                X