Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy 2359 Steering Cable Length and Cabin Heater Question-gctid363478

Hello BOC Forum

I have/love a 2003 Trophy 2359 that I've re-powered with a FWC 5.7 TKS. A buddy mentioned that cabin heating is a relatively easy addition using the heat exchanger. Could anyone please point me in a direction for a relatively easy do it yourself project. As well, my rack & pinion steering cable has stiffened up. Just looking to replace but can't seem to visually access the model code/length at either end.

Thanks in advance for all feedback.

Ken

NoBull Charters

Port Hardy, BC

You might consider a hydronic heater like the ones Heater Craft sells.

They plumb into your engines coolant lines. There are installation instructions on their website.

Comment

I put a heater craft unit in my boat last year and my wife and I really like it. I bought the two vent unit and put it under the sink area. Then ran 3inch vent hose forward and one went up to a vent for the front window. Being able to get the window cleared when leaving early morning is a big plus.
      2005 2359 Bravo III
      Mercruiser 5.0 MPI
      Central CA Coast

Comment

I had to do the same cablle replacement on my 2359- check this link for instructions:

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/boa...bravo-3-a.html

http://www.iboatnw.com/forum/showthr...-cable-removal

Let me see if I can dig up the part number. I believe I replaced the rack as well as the cable.....24' cable, I think.

Comment

I have two cabin heaters; 1) the factory installed Red Dot heater that runs off the engine glycol for heat. Its a good heater when the motor is running but not so good for overnighting.

2) I installed a Wallas Diesel stovetop/furnace- these work fantastic and use minmal power and fuel. You can use the Wallas when trolling or on the hook(cooking,coffee or heating) and use the Red Dot when moving around. Vancouver now has a couple of wallas dealers.

edit; sorry I didn't mean to sound like a Wallas dealer but they do work well.

Comment

NoBull wrote:
            ........... 1.... A buddy mentioned that cabin heating is a relatively easy addition using the heat exchanger. Could anyone please point me in a direction for a relatively easy do it yourself project.

2.... As well, my rack & pinion steering cable has stiffened up. Just looking to replace but can't seem to visually access the model code/length at either end.
            1... The actual Heat Exchanger will not be involved in the installation of a cabin heater, but being a closed system does help with flow.

Your supply for the cabin heater will be the port in the intake manifold just prior to the coolant flow towards the thermostat.

This may or may not end up sharing the port with the temp sender, in which case a T will need to be installed.

Your return will be the Stbd-most port in the engine circulating pump.

Take a look at http://"http://www.baylinerownersclu...tallation.</b> Rusty's engine is a raw water cooled Volvo Penta, and he is installing a WH, but the supply/return ports that are used are identical.

See post #6 for an illustration.

Do not try to plumb this any other way.... your system will be unbalanced if you do.

2... The existing cable should have a code # on it at one end or the other. It may be difficult to see it.

Use this code to get you the p/n and length needed.

Otherwise, remove it and take it with you.
            Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
            2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
            Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
            Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
            Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
            X