Boat names...-gctid362668

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KnoxBoater wrote:
    While we're on the topic, does anyone have a boat similar to the 2000 Ciera 2855? I am having trouble placing lettering on the back hatch of the boat. The hatch isn't fiberglass.. it has a texture to it. How have you folks gotten around this? There's really no other alternate area on the rear that is visible.

I attached a photo the problematic area
    That is where I put the name on my 3055. It was still there in 2011. I had no problems and it was a decal that was used.
    Rick Grew

2022 Tahoe T-16

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

I named my 2655 Happy Together. The 2855 was Happy Together II and logicly the 3055 became Happy Together III. In all the boating I did between 1996 and 2011 I only came across one other boat with the name Happy Together.

Was there any logic to the name. Kind of. I to wanted a name that was not common. I was always happy when I was onboard my boat therefore we were Happy Together. If and when I purchase my next boat if it does not have a name it will most likely become Happy Together IV.

Also this is one of my all time favorite songs and one of my boat tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEURntrQOg

Happy Together and a boat is IMO a great fit.
      Rick Grew

2022 Tahoe T-16

2004 Past Commodore
      West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

We named ours GetAway for two reasons. One, it is our getaway, and two, if you separate the words (reason for the capital A in the middle) it says GET AWAY. We've had to shout that many times to morons on PWCs. We thought about naming it "No Wake A$$hole!" but thought the Coasties may object...

P.S. Hey Rick, did you put a picture of a turtle on it?
        Jeff & Tara (And Hobie too)
        Lake Havasu City, AZ
        |
        Current: 2022 Sun Tracker Sport Fish 22 XP3 w/ Mercury 200
        2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
        2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
        2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
        2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
        And 13 others...
        In memory of Shadow (7-2-10,) and Ginger (5-11-21.)
        Best boat dogs ever! Rest in peace girls...

Comment

Just named ours and got a great decal in black with a silver shadow so "sea ya later !"

Comment

If lazy people who lay around on the couch are called couch potatoes, what do you call a lazy person who lays around on the beach? Well Beach Potato, of course...

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/666301=25623-100_0141.jpg[/img]And when the dinghty came along of course she had to be Tater Tot

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/666301=25624-ATT94664.jpg[/img]

Comment

When we had a 285 we put the name below the door it worked better than expected.

Well I have seen other boats named Stargazer now that we have been boating for a few years. At the time I thought it original.

We loved the Star Trek The Next Generation series. Capt Picards first command was Stargazer.

This was our first boat. So my loving wife allowed me to name our 285, Stargazer.

If you are Star Trek TNG fans you know Stargazer was set adrift after battle damaged and lost in space. It was later refound.

It was a bad bit of Karma and we had issues with Stargazer. By the time the problems were resolved we had lost the love for the 285. We sold it less than a year after purchase. Ooch.

We then started over buying our 2004 305 we named "New Hope". Self explanatory
              Jim McNeely
              New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
              Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
              Brighton, Michigan USA
              MMSI # 367393410

Comment

I have always loved the Van Morrison Song, "Brown Eyed Girl" and liked Jimmy Buffet's version even better. I have two daughters that have brown eyes, so I went with "Brown Eyed Girl" on the transom. Haven't seen anyone else with that name, yet...

Kinda weird though, the boat is white with blue trim, and Brown Eyed Girl on the back. Oh well. I like it, and so do my girls!

Comment

Our last two boats have been named after our mothers. first was the "Madeline R" now it is the "Rula M"

I like the work boat style and both moms liked having our boats named after them

Comment

We tossed around using my mom's name as well.

Martha Gale

At 93 she tells me it's Gail on other days she goes with Gale.

I decided to use it later on a hopefully bigger boat.
                    Jim McNeely
                    Brighton, Michigan USA
                    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Thought about renaming ours, but the damn decals are too hard to get off - any ideas? We have tried hairdryers (heat) etc, but they don't want to come off . . . .

Comment

nickatnite wrote:
                        Thought about renaming ours, but the damn decals are too hard to get off - any ideas? We have tried hairdryers (heat) etc, but they don't want to come off . . . .
                        WD40 is amazing at removing stickers.
                        Jim McNeely
                        Brighton, Michigan USA
                        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

nickatnite wrote:
                          Maybe they are painted on???

Comment

no, they are decals, we got part of one off, enough to change the home port, but it took forever. Might try the WD 40 idea!

Comment

nickatnite wrote:
                              You will need more heat than a hair dryer puts out. Borrow a heat gun.

Comment

One guess who came up with the name for ours?

Thi$ i$ It
                                Richard
                                1988 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Working...
                                X