No announcement yet.

Boat names...-gctid362668

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a few names going back and forth. Did the usual web site search of boat names. Nothing really struck us. Since we are both huge Moody Blues fan, we both decided to name her "White Satin".

Comment

KnoxBoater wrote:
      While we're on the topic, does anyone have a boat similar to the 2000 Ciera 2855? I am having trouble placing lettering on the back hatch of the boat. The hatch isn't fiberglass.. it has a texture to it. How have you folks gotten around this? There's really no other alternate area on the rear that is visible.

I attached a photo the problematic area
      Its star board, I have the same thing on my 3055. My graphics guy sanded it down and treated it with something to get the lettering to stick. I will try and track down what he used.

Comment

KnoxBoater wrote:
        While we're on the topic, does anyone have a boat similar to the 2000 Ciera 2855? I am having trouble placing lettering on the back hatch of the boat. The hatch isn't fiberglass.. it has a texture to it. How have you folks gotten around this? There's really no other alternate area on the rear that is visible.

When I had my 2000 2855, we used vinyl and it stuck fine.

Attached files http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]
        SoundDreams.org

Comment

Thats a great looking decal "Sound Dreams". When we bought our bay money was extremely tight we were literally " Scraping Bottom", i just couldnt pass it up, i knew we a couple new accounts coming , but hence the name. Ive gotten more attention than needed over vhf in the past because of it, nice to know people are listening though.

Comment

2850Bounty wrote:
            After ruling out a few names like "Alpha Bravo", "Help Us", "We're Sinking" and several others, I named my boat after a beautiful day in the month of May.
            now if you could just tow it out of the weeds..

:arr arr

Comment

ours came up after several tries..it was kinda funny actually.....we didn't plan on buying this boat....but after seeing it at the sales store and going out on a test ride.....we bought it on a "WILD WHIM"......thus the name...

:arr arrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

apexaro1 wrote:
                With all the boats out there how does one pick a name? Virtually impossible to pick a name that doesnt already exist. My main point to all this is, how is copy-catting looked upon in the boating world? Just curious, how would one feel if you were motoring and saw the same name on someone else boat?
                Well to answer your question. I would get all indignant and take an attitude - hands on hips, and b|tch 'em out for copying my boat's name. Since my boat is older, there's a good chance this would work most every time!

Comment

Scraping B wrote:
                  Thats a great looking decal "Sound Dreams". When we bought our bay money was extremely tight we were literally " Scraping Bottom", i just couldnt pass it up, i knew we a couple new accounts coming , but hence the name. Ive gotten more attention than needed over vhf in the past because of it, nice to know people are listening though.
                  That's a great name

Comment

Pappy wrote:
                    Don't mind at all. I rode with a motorcycle club that supported and protected abused children. One of our kids said I looked like a grandpappy! It stuck! LOL
                    Very Cool +1

Comment

RinnyBeth wrote:
                      It took us a month to find a new name for ours. We didnt like the name from the PO/PO. so we de-named it and came up with one both of us liked.. now we need to find a decal maker to make us a decal for the back of the boat in the size and color we want.

we chose a name that fit our life of the water and woods..

we have seen cute names in our harbor, then some you look and say WTF..lol

I love the one of the State workers boat.. he named it "Official Business".. so when he is out of town he leaves a message on his phone.. " sorry I am away on Official business".. makes you think ok, for real work or on his boat.. hmmmmm
                      We have yet to name our boat, I like it, LOL, Official Business. Wonder if I could get away with it

Comment

KnoxBoater wrote:

How about a nice shinnnny Brass name plate

Comment

I'm keeping the name we got with the boat (Current Affair). It wasn't my favourite - but it's growing on me.

The boat was originally a Florida boat and was (according to USCG info) was named Good Good Good - not sure I would have kept that one

Comment

I'm trying to pick one for mine still too...One Love is an option. kinda describes my relationship with being on the water. Or something to do with the night sky or starlight....still haven't had something stick out too much yet

Comment

As a guy that didn't become a dad until his 40's, I raised kids during the height of the sponge bob era. At times I felt a bit old so Krusty Krab was a perfect blend. Now that we have a dinghy, the kids obviously named it the "Chum Bucket".

The coolest thing that happened was I was hunting on ebay for a MR. Krabs decal. I found a guy in England who had some but they were a little small. I asked if he could make a larger one for the transom door. He asked me about the boat and my kids which seemed a bit odd at first. I gave him the information and asked what he would charge to make one in the right size. He replied "give some money to a kid's charity and I'll make it for nothing."

In this crazy world where people sometimes use the internet to spew venom at stangers, I was deeply touched by this guy's generosity from 5,000 miles away.
                              Doug
                              Hanging Loose
                              98 Carver 350 Mariner
                              2013-
                              KRUSTY KRAB
                              2001 305
                              5.7 BII
                              2006-2013

Comment

crowder.dr wrote:
                                We have yet to name our boat, I like it, LOL, Official Business. Wonder if I could get away with it
                                Go ahead and try it.. this boat is in Alaska in southeast.. so if your anyplace away from here.. then I would say fair game for it..

Comment

Working...
                                X