Powerhouse Portable Generator-gctid362181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerhouse Portable Generator-gctid362181

I am not recommending this only putting this out here as this I have never seen before. This genny is rated at 2000w continuos as opposed to 1600 for the Honda 2000. Get this, electric start, gets better, remote controlled electric start.

Pros: 2000w continuos rating, Costco 2 year warranty/return policy.

Cons. Heavy which is kinda normal as their is an extra 400 watts available and electric start would add a hefty amount.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....1#BVRRWidgetID
    Cheers, Hans
    2007 Carver 41 CMY
    Twin Volvo D6-370
    Montreal, Canada
    Midnight Sun I Photos

And we store it where?op

Comment

Saintjon wrote:
      And we store it where?op
      73lb?

Too heavy to lift out of the bilge.
      2007 Discovery 246
      300mpi BIII
      Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

It would be interesting to find out where they are made, and to see if they come with BBQ Pork or Fried Rice.

Powerhouse Products

c/o DTS Manufacturing

7930 S.W. Burns Way, Unit C

Wilsonville, OR 97070

Powerhouse Warranty

Phone: 1-877-544-4449

Fax: 1-800-263-0280

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday 8am to 6pm Eastern Standard Time

Product Information: [email protected]
        Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Like to know if it compares to the Honda as far as noise level. Anybody have the dB for Honda?

Comment

over40pirate wrote:
            Like to know if it compares to the Honda as far as noise level. Anybody have the dB for Honda?
            59 dB @ rated load 53dB @ 1/4 load Honda

Noise level at 7 m (23 ft.): 65 dB at full load Pwerhouse

Comment

over40pirate wrote:
              59 dB @ rated load 53dB @ 1/4 load Honda

Noise level at 7 m (23 ft.): 65 dB at full load Pwerhouse
              And I think the way the Db scale works is that 3Db increase sounds twice as loud.
              2007 Discovery 246
              300mpi BIII
              Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

And you have to do the conversion to Chinese.

A Chinese watt is about 1.3 real watts

A Chinese db is twice as loud as a real db

A Chinese horsepower is about 2 real HP

Etc.

Anyone who has bought Chinese copies knows this. Like my Kippor generator; rated the same as the Honda, had less power. At least it really wasn't louder at idle, but was louder under load.

Comment

Funny thing is when I saw remote start feature, I imagined Doug reaching out his front hatch in the morning yanking on the cord to fire up the Honda. The remote would be a nice feature however the additional weight, maintenance of a battery and more complex design outweigh the benefits. Just thought it as a cool feature to press the key fob to fire her up. kinda like a real built in generator where you just push the button to get the juices flowing. :arr
                  Cheers, Hans
                  2007 Carver 41 CMY
                  Twin Volvo D6-370
                  Montreal, Canada
                  Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

MidnightSun wrote:
                    Funny thing is when I saw remote start feature, I imagined Doug reaching out his front hatch in the morning yanking on the cord to fire up the Honda. The remote would be a nice feature however the additional weight, maintenance of a battery and more complex design outweigh the benefits. Just thought it as a cool feature to press the key fob to fire her up. kinda like a real built in generator where you just push the button to get the juices flowing. :arr
                    I disagree, but I get the feeling you'll have to mess with choke/primer bulb so THAT negates the actual remote start part of it.

Why the hell can't someone make a small 2kw inverter generator this size, water-cooled with a simple exhaust, sound enclosure and electric start so it could be quickly and easily installed into the engine compartment for under $2000-2500?

Comment

ishiboo wrote:
                      I disagree, but I get the feeling you'll have to mess with choke/primer bulb so THAT negates the actual remote start part of it.

Why the hell can't someone make a small 2kw inverter generator this size, water-cooled with a simple exhaust, sound enclosure and electric start so it could be quickly and easily installed into the engine compartment for under $2000-2500?
                      They do and even better it is 4000w, unfortunately not for boats as they are of the air cooled radiator design like a car and for RV use. I seriously looked into modifying one before I bit the bullet on a marine unit for Midnight Sun. http://www.poweredgenerators.com/honda/EV4010.html
                      Cheers, Hans
                      2007 Carver 41 CMY
                      Twin Volvo D6-370
                      Montreal, Canada
                      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

MidnightSun wrote:
                        They do and even better it is 4000w, unfortunately not for boats as they are of the air cooled radiator design like a car and for RV use. I seriously looked into modifying one before I bit the bullet on a marine unit for Midnight Sun. http://www.poweredgenerators.com/honda/EV4010.html
                        Air cooled radiator is fine, that's just twice the size and twice the price. You can replace the radiator with an water-water heat exchanger no problem.

It's not ignition protected, not an inverter, and also most of the RV generators require a good-sized sound attenuated enclosure to make things quiet.

Something the size of the EU2000 but only slightly larger would be fantastic. It could have a white fiberglass enclosure that you could even mount on the swim step for people who didn't want to install it, the water input tube could simply be extended to dip down into the water for swim platform installations

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
                          And you have to do the conversion to Chinese.

A Chinese watt is about 1.3 real watts

A Chinese db is twice as loud as a real db

A Chinese horsepower is about 2 real HP

Etc.

Anyone who has bought Chinese copies knows this. Like my Kippor generator; rated the same as the Honda, had less power. At least it really wasn't louder at idle, but was louder under load.
                          So a 1000 watt Chinese generator is actually 1300 watts? I think you have horsepower and watts both backwards.

Comment

ishiboo wrote:
                            So a 1000 watt Chinese generator is actually 1300 watts? I think you have horsepower and watts both backwards.
                            I read that also.... probably a typo!

Or......... Carlos was thinking about his Trim Tab switch orientation and confused himself! :kidding

(I'd better lay low for the rest of the day! )

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                            2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                            Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                            Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                            Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Sorry yeah, typing before full caffeination I guess. But you got what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X