redoing a 1988 bayliner trophy bass iboat-gctid361552

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

redoing a 1988 bayliner trophy bass iboat-gctid361552

I am looking for the stickers that go on the side of the boat and items for restoring this boat back to what is should be. Thanks for any help.

Got any pictures? What is an iboat.

Comment

I hit the I key by accident its suppose to read like this 18 ft 1988 bayliner trophy bass boat

Comment

I see that you have a 1988 fish and ski with a force 125. Is it blue with silver metalflake if so mine is like yours.

Comment

Yeah, blue metal flake. Originally came with an 85HP force. I've had good luck with Great lakes skipper Also any sign shop can make what you need.

By the way, welcome to BOC. You might consider creating a signature with the particulars on your boat. It makes it a lot easier for people to answer questions you may post.

Comment

Hi gatmindr1, Wayne is right about a sign shop supplying the graphics, in fact Wayne has helped me with other stuff - thanks again Wayne. Coincidentally I have a sign business and a 1988 bass Trophy boat too that I am about to rip out the carpet and replace the wood decking then re-carpet if the weather would only co-operate. I am still trying to find and read up on as many threads I can find on this work so I plan to document my rebuild with photos as my work progresses.Gatmindr1 check my pictures and see if the name graphic is the same as yours if you need it. I am removing my stripes and replacing it with a custom decal for the length of the boat sides.Let me know what you need. We need photos- mine are from when I purchased my boat 3 summers ago, sorry for not having any closeups of the graphics. Let me know if you want more photos or if you can send close ups of your boat graphics. And to anyone else reading too, I could use suggestions on how to protect the new marine plywood decking. It has been suggested to put down and wrap the edges of the plwood - a special self adhesive rubber liner often used in roofing application then glueing the new carpet on top. Is that a good idea, anyone?DidleySquat

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/683283=27496-Side Boat view.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/683283=27497-Front deck.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/683283=27498-Stereo bubble side.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/683283=27499-Steering wheel.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/683283=27500-Side bubble.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/683283=27496-Side Boat view.jpg[/img]

Comment

Didleysquat, Thanks for the thanks! I don't remember if we talked about redoing the floors or not but they really are a piece of cake. The floor is held down with screws you should be able to see looking at the top of the deck. You can either coat both sides and edges of the new floor with resin or get a good marine paint. Also I went to a real carpet store a bought outdoor carpet with a rubber backing, not the cheap stuff they sell at Home Depot. Important to seal any holes you drill into the new floor.

Comment

Working...
              X