Scissor Ladder Needed - anyone have one?-gctid361460

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scissor Ladder Needed - anyone have one?-gctid361460

I am looking for a scissor ladder for the front bow of my 2855. When I look online it seems like its always points back to just one manufacturer. Does anyone know of any others? Or does anyone have a used one for sale?

Do you mean a telescoping ladder?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Ste...item3a71f5ff5b

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Windl...item2c63e027ea

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DIVE-...item5d32c9d40d

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-STE...item27c4b713db Folding
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

To my knowledge, this is the only company currently manufacturing bow-to-beach ladders. I have one, as do many others here. It is very high quality, supports my 260 lbs. easily, hell it even holds up to Biohazard's bulky butt!:kidding As with most things, you get what you pay for. Once you have one, you'll love it...

http://www.stcroixmarineproducts.com/
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "GetAway"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

jeffw wrote:
        To my knowledge, this is the only company currently manufacturing bow-to-beach ladders. I have one, as do many others here. It is very high quality, supports my 260 lbs. easily, hell it even holds up to Biohazard's bulky butt!:kidding As with most things, you get what you pay for. Once you have one, you'll love it...

http://www.stcroixmarineproducts.com/
        Thanks - this is the one I keep seeing as well, just didnt know if there were others on the market and I just couldnt locate them or not. I believe it was pretty pricey - maybe someone has a used one

Comment

Interesting, have never seen one for a boat before.
          Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
          Twin 350 GM power
          Located in Seward, AK
          Retired marine surveyor

Comment

That is awesome!!

Comment

I may be calling it by the wrong title. Jeff had it right in his response - its the 7 step bow to beach ladder.

Comment

Here is a few pics of mine from st croix marine. Bought it 2 years ago.

Comment

There used to be several companies that made them but St Croix is the only one left. They are extremely popular up here and it's not unusual to see 30 boats on the beach where Ryan is with these ladders. It would be hard to find one used as the mounting bracket bolts through the deck of the boat and I can't imagine someone selling one and leaving holes in their deck. I leave mine on all summer and tie the ladder off on the bow rail when not in use.
                  Doug
                  Hanging Loose
                  98 Carver 350 Mariner
                  2013-
                  KRUSTY KRAB
                  2001 305
                  5.7 BII
                  2006-2013

Comment

biohazard wrote:
                    Here is a few pics of mine from st croix marine. Bought it 2 years ago.

Ryan - yes thats exactly what I am looking for, and from the sounds of everyone - the St. Croix one is the only game in town. Looks like I will be ordering it.

BTW Ryan I see you are in the hastings area. Do you ever venture down to the Wabasha area?

Comment

We have not ventured that far yet, just to lake city on pepin so far, mostly because of fuel costs. We have now switched marinas so we are about 20min further south on the mississippi so we may make a trip down there this year, depends on money as usual We will eventually venture down there when we get more comfortable making the trips south. Pepin can get rather nasty, sometimes its just a log run

Comment

Wayne...

We had our boat at ParkSide for years... What marina are you in?

BUCKANEER

:arr

Comment

Not to be a smart a** or anything but why do you want to bow in to a beach? Doesn't it rub the bottom paint off the keel and into the fiberglass always rubbing in the sand? To me, It is so much easier to drop your front anchor and back in towards the beach, when you get close pull the drive up shut down motors and deploy your stern anchor/s. you will be in knee to thigh deep water and can rinse the dirt off your feet before entering the boat. Now you can use the swim platform to drip water on and enter your boat thru the transom door... I have never seen anyone but pontoon boats beach them bow first like that.... But I'm on a lake with islands to go hang out on for the weekends. Just asking!!!!!!

Comment

Abigayle III wrote:
                            Not to be a smart a** or anything but why do you want to bow in to a beach? Doesn't it rub the bottom paint off the keel and into the fiberglass always rubbing in the sand? To me, It is so much easier to drop your front anchor and back in towards the beach, when you get close pull the drive up shut down motors and deploy your stern anchor/s. you will be in knee to thigh deep water and can rinse the dirt off your feet before entering the boat. Now you can use the swim platform to drip water on and enter your boat thru the transom door... I have never seen anyone but pontoon boats beach them bow first like that.... But I'm on a lake with islands to go hang out on for the weekends. Just asking!!!!!!
                            You can purchase a keel guard that will prevent rubbing off the gelcoat and getting into the fiberglass. There is an area near where I used to boat and on the weekend there could be up to 15 or so boats bowed in to the beach. Several of them had rubbed off the gelcoat and the fiberglass was exposed. Also there were a few including myself who like you would set the anchor and back in tying the stern off something on shore. I feel that this is the best way. Also when a passing boat has a wake you are bow into the wake and the boat handles it much better than if your stern is sticking out.

It is a matter of preference and ease of getting on and off. Either way works.
                            Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                            West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                            www.wrycc.com

Comment

Abigayle III wrote:
                              My bow has reinforced fiberglass to protect the bow/keel from the sand. I beached probably 50 times last year, nothing is warn off In my area noone backs into beaches, some of the channels are way too narrow to do that, your anchro would bein the main channel where very large boats are going by like a highway.

We get more stability beaching forward and setting up sand stakes. I have seen 2 people in my time boating back in, one guy was actually in a 2858. They all had to get wet to get on the boat, where I can stay high and dry with my bow ladder

Comment

Working...
                              X