Took a walk around the marina today....-gctid361310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a walk around the marina today....-gctid361310

We had such beautiful weather today, that I decided to take a walk around the marina. Here are some pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=81bd1d79c1

Only a few weeks left!

Did the same thing... went down to drop something off and ended up casting off the lines and enjoyed a couple of hours on the water whale watching.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

What marina is that Will?
      "Adios Dinero"
      1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
      Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

Its the Thousand Islands Club on Wellesley Island - we love it there!

http://www.horizonmarina.com/thousan...d-islands-club

Comment

That is a beautiful marina.

It was 80 degrees here in Michigan today. It's projected to be in the 70s all the rest of this week. Spring is here I believe.
          Jim McNeely
          New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
          Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
          Brighton, Michigan USA
          MMSI # 367393410

Comment

great pics, heading down to the boat/marina tomorrow to start getting some measurements.

Comment

Super pictures and it looks like a very nice marina. I did some Google mapping of that area, it looks like there are millions of places to anchor out in. But it prompted tons of questions.

:: How far up and down river do you cruise?

:: Google failed me on finding water depths. How deep is the water along the river?

:: Bottom (rocky, sandy, muck?)

:: How long by boat from your marina to Rochester?

:: It looks like the Canada/US boarder is down the middle of the river. How is life with two sets of customs / Home Land Security, etc?

:: Are there lots of services, places to eat along the water?

Thanks!
              Yep, my 4588 Bayliner IS my happy place :whistle:

Comment

Very nice.
                Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                1998 3055 Ciera
                (yes, a 1998)
                Previous boat: 1993 3055
                Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                Sea Doo XP
                Sea Doo GTI SE
                Life is short. Boats are cool.
                The family that plays together stays together.
                Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Foster wrote:
                  Super pictures and it looks like a very nice marina. I did some Google mapping of that area, it looks like there are millions of places to anchor out in. But it prompted tons of questions.

:: How far up and down river do you cruise?

[COLOR]"#FF0000" wrote:

I have cruised as far as Cornwall Ontario and to Cape Vincent where the river meets Lake Ontario. We primarily cruise between Brockville Ontario and Clayton New York.

[/COLOR]

:: Google failed me on finding water depths. How deep is the water along the river?

[COLOR]"#FF0000" wrote:
                  The water depth varies wildly though out the river. There are depths ranging beyond 200 feet, and this can happen in very short distances from shore. I have navigated between islands in gaps that were barely wide enough to comfortable fit my boat, and seen depths of 80 feet or more in those narrow gaps. I had no idea until last year that there is a 729 foot ship underneath 200+ feet of water out in front of our marina! That said, there are plenty of shallow areas too, and the water level varies significantly throughout the span of the season. A good chart plotter is a must! (and paper charts as a backup)

[/COLOR]

:: Bottom (rocky, sandy, muck?)

[COLOR]"#FF0000" wrote:
                  I would say primarily rocky and muck in my experience.

[/COLOR]

:: How long by boat from your marina to Rochester?

[COLOR]"#FF0000" wrote:
                  I've never ventured out into the lake - I can plug it into my chart plotter when I am back on the boat.

[/COLOR]

:: It looks like the Canada/US boarder is down the middle of the river. How is life with two sets of customs / Home Land Security, etc?

[COLOR]"#FF0000" wrote:
                  This is not a problem except in some rare circumstances. Basically, if you enter Canadian waters so long as you are underway, Canadian customs will not bother you. You are required to check in with customs if you intend to anchor, or dock in Canada. This is usually as simple as tying up to a municipal dock in Canada, and phoning customs. They ask a few questions and assign you a number, and you are now cleared to dock or anchor as you please for that trip. I have only had customs officers board us once while checking in, and there were no issues.

[/COLOR]

:: Are there lots of services, places to eat along the water?

[COLOR]"#FF0000" wrote:
                  Definitely! The local economies depend on it.

[/COLOR]

Thanks!
                  Come visit the Thousand Islands - it is beautiful!

Comment

How deep is the water in those slips? Some of the images look like 4 ft or so?

Comment

So that's what a real marina looks like....

Comment

Only a few weeks left??? Looks pretty good to me! Nice marina, decent day... What dictates no boats at the docks? In the northwest, many boats are left in the water all season. You are probably dictated by icing of the water, but hey! I don't see an ice in these pictures! Why not put the boat in?

Enquiring minds like mine, want to know!

Ken

Pugetsoundog (woof)

Comment

I thought I recognised it, the Admiral and I dinghyed through there last summer when exploring. We docked at Riveredge in A Bay for a few days.

We run from Toronto to the Thousand Islands every summer.
                          "Adios Dinero"
                          1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
                          Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

I went to Legendary Marine in Gulf Shores yesterday. looked at a SR 35. WOW what a nice rig and only $300K. I also looked at a SR 37 for $319. It was a 2011 model. What a fun time but I am not sure I can must enough credit to finance that much on my credit card.
                            David
                            http://www.cambridgeadvertising.org
                            http://www.davidladewig.com

Comment

Working...
                            X