Towing a Jet Ski-gctid360975

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing a Jet Ski-gctid360975

Has anyone had any success towing a jet ski behind their boat? Thinking maybe of attaching it to the swim platform and dragging it along that way. Pro and cons welcome Pics are better.

Read your jet ski manual for towing. Some pwc's you have to pinch off a water line so it doesn't get into the engine block before you tow. Some newer model you can tow but a very slow speeds with no problems.

It easier just to get someone to ride it

Roger
    2001 Maxum 3000 SCR
    Twin 5.0L w/ Bravo 2

Comment

People do that all the time here, read your manual as roger said and enjoy. Its really pretty common here, jetskis burn lots of gas, no need to drive it 40 miles to your destination, smarter to tow it and save the fuel

Comment

At present I dont own one so thats why I'm asking about the possibilty of towing. I think a jet ski is a better option then a dingy since we deal with a 5 to 7 knot current on the river. Or is my thinking all wrong here?

Comment

for me it makes a geat dingy... the newer internal cooled skis... sea doo.. dont have issues with towing at slow speeds... most of the other models you have to pinch off the water intake line...

Comment

There are tow rigs available for purchase, but I have seen some very funtional ones made out of PVC inside a flooty tube. Line through the assembly attached to two points on the back of the boat and one to the front of the jet ski.

Comment

thats a great idea.... I was almost about to buy two....

Comment

I've seen them mounted on the swim platform before, thought about that myself but it'd take some serious restructuring on my 2550....

interesting stuff here...

http://sealiftusa.com/

Comment

I just pull mine up onto the platform. Jet-skis are very light so it's easy to do. The Sea Doo isn't as easy.

Comment

Here's a pic on a friends behind my 2855

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/664066=25405-jetski.jpg[/img]

Comment

This issue came up a few months ago and I couldn't remember the name of the company I saw in an ad. Towdster.

http://www.towdster.com/

Not the cheapest, but it may give you ideas for a homemade incarnation. Several versions depending on what you're towing and what you're towing with.

Comment

Most brands of commercial jet ski's are easily towable, unless it is a 4 stroke Sea-Doo. The hose that is marked with a wrap of red tape needs to be pinched, or even better has a ball valve installed so that it does not get water in the cylinders. You still can tow it, but no speed over 5 mph without the Sea-Doo ($30.00) clamp, or a (Home depot for $12.00) ball valve and 4 clamps.

Comment

Working...
                        X