Early Start for the season-gctid360855

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Start for the season-gctid360855

two weeks ago a windstorm took my winter cover so I started my spring commissioning.

I store in water as I liveaboard.

Got all the canvas up and cleaned, checked all systems and last night I plugged in the

block heaters.

Today I fired up the diesels pretty as you please and when they were warmed I took

the boat out for a little idle around the bay followed by a trip out on the lake to see if

they hit WOT. 2850 rpms

Good to go three weeks earlier than normal.

The weather is beautiful and will stay this way for a week. Loving it.
    "Adios Dinero"
    1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
    Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

That's rather astonishing to me,,,,,,,Toronto,,,as in Canada?

Comment

Toronto,,,, as in Canada,,,yep.
      "Adios Dinero"

Comment

Ice out in Kingston, 5 days ago, 3 days ago Chaparral 260 seen in Lake Ontario, 5 hours ago Sailboat in Collins Bay Marina.

Sundays forecast 20 C

Comment

We had no ice in the bay this winter, normally I need an ice eater for 35 days, only 4 days this winter.

68 to 72 degrees F for the next 7 days forcast.
          "Adios Dinero"

Comment

The Other Gary wrote:
            We had no ice in the bay this winter, normally I need an ice eater for 35 days, only 4 days this winter.

68 to 72 degrees F for the next 7 days forcast.
            Lake Erie never froze over as well. Niagara River ice boom got removed in February, earliest on record. My marina called me yesterday, asked if they could move my boat out of inside storage so they could get the some of the racked boats out. Normally they pull me out on April 15 - one whole month early. I sure hope this weather holds!

Comment

That storm did some damage to boats on the hard at WYC too Gary. We're at Wiggers again and had more shelter. My cover wasn't touched - very lucky.

Comment

Our marina never froze solid.

They launched the first boat today.

I am inside stored and I will not be around when they pull it out April 1. So I pulled my tarp off today in preparation so as to not delay the marina guys.
                Jim McNeely
                New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
                Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
                Brighton, Michigan USA
                MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Winston does my wrap but this year he did not supervise his guys and it was looser than normal.

The big wind lifted it about 6 inches and it started to flap then self destructed at the ridge pole.

any other year I would be PO'd but this time it was an opportunity, may run to Whitby for fuel

on the weekend and really surprise them.
                  "Adios Dinero"

Comment

I will be firing up the boat Saturday and heading to my new marina. Right now they are calling for a high of 7C or 45F but with a mix of sun and cloud. Definitely not the most comfortable conditions, but I only have 25knots to travel or so. I guess I wouldnt call it a start of the season yet, but at least it is a change from watching the rain fall from inside the house.

Heres a picture to start the season

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/663892=25398-011.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X