Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunbrella Color: Navy or Captain(39)s Navy Top?-gctid342206

Hi,

I need to get a new top and was wondering for the people that have Navy color tops and use Sunbrella did you use the regualr Navy or Captain's navy?

Which matched better? Why did you choose one over the other, etc.?

Both are nice I just was looking for guidance to sway me one way or another

Thanks,

Steve

I used Mediterranean Tweed, it's a blue/black mix.
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

I went with black sunbrella and did away with the blue on my Avanti...

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/644951=23517-Walk thru transom 036.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/644951=23518-DCP_2226.jpg[/img]

Comment

Whatever you use go with something that will not be discontinued. I had that problem. I replaced the bimini with the original blue/black tweed that came with the boat. ('02) Less then two years later i went to replace some side curtains and found out that the original sumbrella had been discontinued years before. Why was I still able to get the bimini in the original? Because Leta's Top Shop still had some of that material left overr at the time. Now it's all gone. I had to go with something that is close but is not an exact match. Sorry I don 't remember the names of the colors.

Somthing to be said for black.....it will never be discontinued.

Comment

When we replaced our top, I went with white (vinyl) - reflects the heat and makes the cockpit cooler. Of course, I threw away the original, small top framework, which was so small it didn't cover much and replaced it with the longest bimini top I could find. The new bimini does a lot better job of protecting us from the sun and keeping the Admiral happy. Yeah, the dark colored tops look great, but aren't practical for the type of boating we do - fair weather days with lots of sunshine. I never cared for the camper canvas for the sunbridge, since it acted like a huge sail in the high winds that we get on short notice in a storm. The zippers were pretty well shot and it didn't make sense to spend the money on replacing something we never used, so I tossed it. The white vinyl bimini that I put on the Reinell has lasted very well ~12+ years. I often wonder about all of those boats I see over at Lake Powell with dark tops - it's gotta be cooking under those tops when it's 110 degrees. The white color makes a big difference in comfort for us.:cool
          Ron Everson
          1975 Reinell 21' Cutty Cabin w/225 OMC
          1989 Bayliner 2755 Cierra Sunbridge w/460 OMC King Cobra

Comment

I have both.

On the 3218. all the canvas is Navy.

On the 175, the Captain's Navy matched the bimini.
            Greg A.
            1994 4788
            "Simplicity"
            2002 Capri 175
            "Little GFI"
            Boat on the Sac/San Joaquin Delta

Comment

I currently have white so you have a point about the heat. My white does get dirty fairly quick.

Greg: Since you have both which do you prefer?

Thanks to everyone,

Steve

Comment

Both are nice. I guess I lean a little towards the Navy. It is darker an hides dirt a little better.
                Greg A.
                1994 4788
                "Simplicity"
                2002 Capri 175
                "Little GFI"
                Boat on the Sac/San Joaquin Delta

Comment

Working...
                X