Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings! New to boating and Bayliner...-gctid360771

Greetings all,

Glad to have found your club, seems like a very informative and enjoyable way to spend some time! Just finalizing the purchase of our first boat, a 2012 Bayliner 185. We are very excited about the prospect of a new direction for our lives, and looking forward to getting out there on the water. We are based in Fredericton, NB and will be boating on the Saint John river primarily.

Any pointers or tips for a newbie would be greatly welcomed!

Cheers all!

Welcome from a fellow maritimer you will enjoy that boat.

Comment

Greetings! Here are a few suggestions:

1) click on "settings" in the upper right of your screen- add the info about your boat (year, make, model, drive type, etc) so if you have a tech problem. you won't be bombarded with questions about same.

2) get involved- everybody has questions, and you have knowledge and experience that others don't. Also, there's a very active forum for small boats here.

3) have fun!

Comment

Congrats & welcome to the club.

Post pics of your new ride.

Comment

congrats and welcome to the zoo....

advice....

never approach the dock faster than your willing to crash into it!!

:arr arr

Comment

Johnny Bravo wrote:
            Greetings all,

Glad to have found your club, seems like a very informative and enjoyable way to spend some time! Just finalizing the purchase of our first boat, a 2012 Bayliner 185. We are very excited about the prospect of a new direction for our lives, and looking forward to getting out there on the water. We are based in Fredericton, NB and will be boating on the Saint John river primarily.

Cheers all!
            Boat show next weekend in moncton you will get to spend some more:kidding

Comment

Hey there, Johnny B

If I may say so, you are built like a total hunk

You're obviously quite smart too, cuz how how many noobs know enuff to buy a Bayliner?

Congrats and welcome to the site!

And jeez, keep those handsome avatars coming!

Sarah

Comment

Congradulations Johnny and welcome to BOC

Comment

Johnny Bravo wrote:
                  Greetings all,

Cheers all!
                  The best thing to do to get all the advice you want, sometimes it's even good advice, is to buy us all a tank of gas and a case of beer... OK, not practical, but invite us to share a tank of gas and a case of beer would be close! Welcome to the BOC, and one of these days we're gonna hit the Maritimes in the RV...
                  Jeff & Tara
                  (And Ginger too)
                  Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                  "GetAway"
                  Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Welcome to BOC!

Comment

jeffw wrote:
                      The best thing to do to get all the advice you want, sometimes it's even good advice, is to buy us all a tank of gas and a case of beer... OK, not practical, but invite us to share a tank of gas and a case of beer would be close! Welcome to the BOC, and one of these days we're gonna hit the Maritimes in the RV...
                      If you get to the maritimes you buy the beer i will supply the boat

Comment

Thanks Jamie! We are certainly looking forward to it! Come on spring!

JB

jamie mac wrote:
                        Welcome from a fellow maritimer you will enjoy that boat.

Comment

Thanks Pete, good advice indeed. I wll certainly do my best to be as involved as I can. And as for having fun? Just try and keep the smile from my face!

JB

Pau Hana wrote:
                          Greetings! Here are a few suggestions:

1) click on "settings" in the upper right of your screen- add the info about your boat (year, make, model, drive type, etc) so if you have a tech problem. you won't be bombarded with questions about same.

2) get involved- everybody has questions, and you have knowledge and experience that others don't. Also, there's a very active forum for small boats here.

3) have fun!

Comment

Thanks Glen, I plan to do that just as soon as I get my hands on her! She's still with the dealer in storage.

JB

onthelake wrote:
                            Congrats & welcome to the club.

Post pics of your new ride.

Comment

Thanks Seapuppy - I like that advice - that's probably one I will hang on to for a LONG time.

JB

seapuppy wrote:
                              congrats and welcome to the zoo....

advice....

never approach the dock faster than your willing to crash into it!!

:arr arr

Comment

Working...
                              X