The season has started!-gctid359416

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The season has started!-gctid359416

Dock water is back on, never seen it on this early. Time to wash the winter grime off, do all the spring checks, open the valves & go for a boat ride. 1st thing I gotta do is pack up & head to the river. Last year I was on the boat for 2 weeks before the water was back on. Have a great & safe year everyone.
    Capt. Ron.
    "I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death"
    "Never Trade Luck For Skill"
    1987 3870 - Northern Lights ll
    Hino EH700
    Westerbeke 8.0
    1999 Logic Marine 17' CC/50 Merc.
    on Louisiana pool Mississippi River.

GREEN with ENVY here in the Adirondacks

Comment

Congrats! They told me at our docks our water would be on next week as well, but our boat is still dry docked and waiting for our new swim platform. As soon as it's on...ITS ON!

Have a great season!

Comment

Giddy-Up!

Comment

i'm getting excited in central ky as well. i still need to do half a dozen things, but i removed the tarp on sat (60 and sunny). my son (2yrs) and i actually took out the dinghy on a local lake and had a picnic on a dock that had accidentally washed away.

Comment

There's almost enough melting snow and slush on top 18 inches of lake ice that I could probably float my boat right now. A lake on top of a lake.... But it will probably be a few more weeks before the 18 inches of ice actually melts. Should be an early spring though, as this was the mildest winter I can recall. We only had one week of real snow storms and cold weather and that was it.

Comment

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662898=25282-weather.jpg[/img]

Comment

I was at our marina yesterday, still ice :sorrow: but maybe things will change this week, gotta love this weather - bring on the boating season!!!

Comment

I feel so sorry for you guys! I have had my boat out every other week (almost) since I got her in May! I don't even know what winterizing is! My biggest worry is that at a minus tide I cant get the trailer deep enough to launch! Other than that, by biggest decision is how much of the canvass to take off!!!

Have a great season!

Comment

dpoelstra wrote:
                    I feel so sorry for you guys! I have had my boat out every other week (almost) since I got her in May! I don't even know what winterizing is! My biggest worry is that at a minus tide I cant get the trailer deep enough to launch! Other than that, by biggest decision is how much of the canvass to take off!!!

Have a great season!
                    Are you launching at Sunset or Davy's? Good info for me for this summer...
                    Jeff & Tara
                    (And Ginger too)
                    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                    "GetAway"
                    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X