PAID the slip bill today!-gctid359226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SwampNut wrote:
    I love walking down to the boat and having cold beer and food sitting in the fridge in July.

I love being able to leave the office and head straight to the boat in the middle of the week, knowing I just have to walk on and the air/heat are running, cold beer is waiting, and all I have to do is pour a drink and fire up a cigar.

I love being able to ride my motorcycle to the marina, not the tow vehicle.

I love having a slip where I can spend a three-day weekend and it has everything on it I'd want. Umbrellas, a smoker, a sink and cleaning area, and all my occasional necessities in a dock box.

I love my neighbors, who are a huge part of my enjoyment of a weekend.

I love being able to work on my boat in the water, instead of sitting on land.

Yeah, slip fees...priceless.
    Sweeter words have never been said!

I've been down both routes- I much prefer mooring the boat to trailering. There are some decided benefits to being a trailer sailor, to be sure (the ability to work on the boat out of the water, the ability to visit different waterways, etc), but IMO the slipped vessel is the one that used much more.

Comment

I will never gripe about the $1330 we pay here ever again!

I'm glad you were able to get it covered and have fun on the water this season!

Comment

Ya mine is $00000000 in the driveway. Yes it would be nice to just get in but there is way more to just that. All my expenses are upkeep and it is way more cheaper than at a marine. Hell here in Fl you cannot even work without going thru the marina for an approved list of boat mechs. I put about $500 away for trailer upkeep and replacement parts. It is nice to be fully loaded and cold beer in the frig when I pull away for a cruise. It is also nice to walk out the door and tinker with stuff whenever.

Rock

Comment

I hear you on the PWC, too. We finally ended up doing the same, pay for a jet-dock in the marina for the Sea Doo. The stand-up ski is in their dry storage lot since we use it less, and have the marina people launch it for us.

Last year we put 0 miles on the boat trailer.

Comment

Devildog9999 wrote:
            I paid mine last month as well... $500.00 for the boat, and 75 each for the skis. Includes "summerization" and launch, as well as pull out at the end of the season. I even get power and water included. You guys are paying more than I would ever imagine!
            Where are you? Rates are low around here, but I didn't know anyone was that low. I am at First Buffalo River, and our rate went up to $825.

Comment

Our contract is from April 15th - Oct 15th. $105 per foot includes Electric and Water and One haul out and bottom powerwash per year. Then we have a winter contract that puts our boat on blocks for the winter. Includes, outdriver removal (and installation next season) and winter storage. Doesn't include shrink wrap or winterization. Can't remember exact cost per foot but it is around $45 for the winter contract.

I like having the boat slipped so I can enjoy meals or sleep on the boat at the shore (Floating hotel). It cuts down my drive to the Jersey shore by an hour or more and I can get more shut eye.

Comment

This costs $50 per month. It's 30 minutes from the 2nd largest manmade lake in Colorado (McPhee). No slips. Marina was torched 10 years ago and the docks were all removed. It was always a losing operation for whoever held the permit with the Forest Service. Closest slips are at Lake Powell (3 hours), or Navajo Lake (2 1/2 hours). I would love to have a marina on the lake (McPhee) again.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662795=25249-IMG_0891 small.JPG[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662795=25248-IMG_0897 small.JPG[/img]
                Ron Everson
                1975 Reinell 21' Cutty Cabin w/225 OMC
                1989 Bayliner 2755 Cierra Sunbridge w/460 OMC King Cobra

Comment

I just paid 1250 for 6 months on the Niagara River for a 30' slip includes electric, water and wifi.

I can't believe how expensive some of your slips are, wow.
                  Bob
                  "Easy Living"
                  2007 Discovery 246, 5.0L MPI, CC, B3
                  Boating on the Rappahannock River, Virginia

Comment

We are quite lucky. I am a member of a small private club. $1800 up front and then $100 per month, year round. Electric is extra but my bill averages around $10 per month. Pump out connection every third slip. Private clubhouse and winter storage is included.

Comment

bob14094 wrote:
                      I just paid 1250 for 6 months on the Niagara River for a 30' slip includes electric, water and wifi.

I can't believe how expensive some of your slips are, wow.
                      Bob, we are moving to Beaver Island State Park this summer - got a slip there for $400 less than Smith Boys and you can't beat the park. Come down some weekend and stay over, $25 gets you an overnight slip.

-Ron and Jane

Comment

I pay $7,920.00 + electicity per year for a 50' covered berth at Willowberm Marina in Islton, but it does include free pumpouts at the berth twice a week and continental breakfast Sat & Sunday mornings.
                        www.boatyardgm.com
                        www.pacificyachtimports.net
                        2002 Carver Voyager 57
                        "Making Waves"
                        3988 250 Hinos
                        "The Dark Side"
                        Alameda, California

Comment

Ron Everson wrote:
                          This costs $50 per month. It's 30 minutes from the 2nd largest manmade lake in Colorado (McPhee). No slips. Marina was torched 10 years ago and the docks were all removed. It was always a losing operation for whoever held the permit with the Forest Service. Closest slips are at Lake Powell (3 hours), or Navajo Lake (2 1/2 hours). I would love to have a marina on the lake (McPhee) again.
                          That is great! I would love to have that option for that price.

Comment

i solve the trailer -v- slip thing by having both. When i want to tinker with a boat there is one in the driveway and two lakes withing 30 minutes from drive to water.

The slip is 90 minutes away but sits withing a couple hours of five of my sites so i can base off the boat during the week or at least end there (and work from) on a friday.

$3600/yr plus $25 avg for electricity for a 40' covered.

Comment

I pay just over $2800 with taxes for 30A electric + city water for May 1st through Nov 1st mooring, and winter indoor storage. Service includes haul out, power washing, and spring launch.

Comment

i believe I will be finally taking my Brother up on a free slip. He has lake rights, and with moving in June (locally) free is...well...free.

Comment

Working...
                                X