Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAID the slip bill today!-gctid359226

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I paid mine last month as well... $500.00 for the boat, and 75 each for the skis. Includes "summerization" and launch, as well as pull out at the end of the season. I even get power and water included. You guys are paying more than I would ever imagine!

    Comment


      #17
      I love my trailer, I have kept a boat on it out side my house since 1989. I figure the boat and fuel are free based on what I did not spend on slip fees for 23 years.:wow-

      Comment


        #18
        Hay BB.

        $500, man that is cheap. That can not be Anchor Marine...Weaver would never give such a deal.
        Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
        1998 3055 Ciera
        (yes, a 1998)
        Previous boat: 1993 3055
        Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
        Sea Doo XP
        Sea Doo GTI SE
        Life is short. Boats are cool.
        The family that plays together stays together.
        Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

        Comment


          #19
          Be glad you are not in Seward, AK, the rate jumps by a huge amount if you pay less than 1 year at a time, a large increase for 6 mo. them monthly: Daily, get your wallet out or take a mortage out on your house.
          We have a one-year contract also, but pay by the month. I think around $500 with the slip, electric, and Jetdock. I never look any more, not like I'm going to stop paying it.

          Wonder if the yearly thing has to do with places where you can't use the boat year-round? Keep people from saying F-this when winter comes around?

          Comment


            #20
            SwampNut wrote:
            So you guys in the NE always get one big bill for the whole year? Around here it's always monthly.
            I wished. up here we have a 6 month season, and usually it is due by December 1st IN FULL. In some places on Cape Cod, we are at $280.00 to $300.00/ft, so it is sort of a bargain, if you can call it that. At least it includes water and electricity.
            Tony, Cape Cod, MA
            Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
            1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
            454 Merc Cruisers inboards
            "HOLODECK"
            2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
            www.bourneyachtclub.com

            Comment


              #21
              swiftcruiser wrote:
              Where do you store your boat Blues46?
              http://"http://sunsetharbor.com/" wr... Harbor Marina in Middle River. For us, it is a great location in that Worton (one of our favorite spots) is just across the Bay, as is The Sassafras, and Rock Hall. Baltimore, The Magothy, and Annapolis are just south. The marina is "basic" (no pool or bar), but has some of the best mechanics on The Bay. Indoor storage also means that the boat stays clean a lot longer. PM me if you need more info.

              Comment


                #22
                dramaminedragon wrote:
                I love my trailer, I have kept a boat on it out side my house since 1989. I figure the boat and fuel are free based on what I did not spend on slip fees for 23 years.:wow-
                +1

                Besides the money aspect, I like going to different places each time out.

                Man, $5200 buys a super good trailer. And, that amount of $$$$ each year, pays for a real nice tow vehicle.

                However, what do I know........
                Captharv 2001 2452
                "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

                Comment


                  #23
                  Just mailed the check yesterday for ours. $2400 for a 36' x 14' slip, May 1 to Oct 15, includes all water and electricity. Oh, but then our yacht club membership is an extra $35, ha! Wait until we show up at the door of the San Diego Yacht Club for lunch under reciprocity with the Gavins Point Yacht Club in Yankton, SD. Can't believe how much a marina costs elsewhere. yikes. Spring is coming! 50 days until launch. Ahhhh...

                  Comment


                    #24
                    dramaminedragon wrote:
                    I love my trailer, I have kept a boat on it out side my house since 1989. I figure the boat and fuel are free based on what I did not spend on slip fees for 23 years.:wow-
                    captharv wrote:
                    +1

                    Besides the money aspect, I like going to different places each time out.

                    Man, $5200 buys a super good trailer. And, that amount of $$$$ each year, pays for a real nice tow vehicle.

                    However, what do I know........
                    I'm with you guys. Mine is in my driveway, and will stay there ... at least until my HOA catches up to me!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      $1675 for 35' slip water , power. gas and pumpout available. Heated inground pool . Beautiful new facilities and a gorgeous resturant and bar that has been closed for the past 3 years due to the property being in foreclosure, every year they tell us it will be open , but it never does. Marina is managed by westrec , all this 1/4 mile off beautiful Lake Michigan. Season from April 15th to Oct 15th. They are also very leanient about putting in early and being there late. I cant complain.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I love my trailer
                        I love walking down to the boat and having cold beer and food sitting in the fridge in July.

                        I love being able to leave the office and head straight to the boat in the middle of the week, knowing I just have to walk on and the air/heat are running, cold beer is waiting, and all I have to do is pour a drink and fire up a cigar.

                        I love being able to ride my motorcycle to the marina, not the tow vehicle.

                        I love having a slip where I can spend a three-day weekend and it has everything on it I'd want. Umbrellas, a smoker, a sink and cleaning area, and all my occasional necessities in a dock box.

                        I love my neighbors, who are a huge part of my enjoyment of a weekend.

                        I love being able to work on my boat in the water, instead of sitting on land.

                        Yeah, slip fees...priceless.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          My slip fees vary each month, but this time it was $1653 for two months. Just under $10,000 a year is what I'm seeing. But that's a 50' covered slip and the boat is paid for.
                          Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

                          iBoatNW

                          1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

                          Comment


                            #28
                            SwampNut wrote:
                            I love walking down to the boat and having cold beer and food sitting in the fridge in July.

                            I love being able to leave the office and head straight to the boat in the middle of the week, knowing I just have to walk on and the air/heat are running, cold beer is waiting, and all I have to do is pour a drink and fire up a cigar....

                            Yeah, slip fees...priceless.
                            I'm with you Carlos. We towed our smaller boat around for three years and then we got a slip at the marina. Completely different experience. Now we have the option of both, still have both boats, but we very seldom touch the Bayliner anymore. We'll probably sell it this spring. Being able to go to different bodies of water on a lark just isn't worth the hassle, just for the sake of temporary novelty. You're right about the social angle too, dockmates, slip neighbors, the summer night parties, sliding back into the slip on full moon nights, sitting on the flybridge with drinks before we go downstairs to bed, coffee in our pajamas on the boat in the morning, and then we just roll a cart of stuff back to the car and drive home. Sure beats standing in icy water with my pants rolled up at the launch ramp with a flashlight in my teeth trying to get the boat straight on the bunks so we can tow it an hour home.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              kthoennes wrote:
                              I'm with you Carlos. We towed our smaller boat around for three years and then we got a slip at the marina. Completely different experience. Now we have the option of both, still have both boats, but we very seldom touch the Bayliner anymore. We'll probably sell it this spring. Being able to go to different bodies of water on a lark just isn't worth the hassle, just for the sake of temporary novelty. You're right about the social angle too, dockmates, slip neighbors, the summer night parties, sliding back into the slip on full moon nights, sitting on the flybridge with drinks before we go downstairs to bed, coffee in our pajamas on the boat in the morning, and then we just roll a cart of stuff back to the car and drive home. Sure beats standing in icy water with my pants rolled up at the launch ramp with a flashlight in my teeth trying to get the boat straight on the bunks so we can tow it an hour home.
                              I'm with ya on this one. Owned three boats so far and slipped all three. For some reason coffee on the boat on a beautiful morning when the lake is like glass tastes so much better.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I have also done both over the years and you cannot compare the trailer in the yard experience to a marina. Heck I even got fed up of trailering the tiny PWC to the marina and ended up keeping it tied by my boat. The marina is just plain pleasant, nothing to think about as everything is there and waiting for you. My fridge and bar are stocked full, all my clothes and everything I need is on board, the AC is running keeping my cabin comfortable on arrival and shore power takes care of my batteries. Then there are all the friendly people we meet and enjoy company with instead of getting ticked off at the morons at the launch ramp. No packing unpacking stuff, plugs to install remove or anything to spoil your day. That being said, they jacked out prices this year because they now actually measure the boat so I have to pay for 2 more feet this year. Not bad since it costs $1800 for the season including water and electrical. Indoor storage sets me back another $640.
                                Cheers, Hans
                                2007 Carver 41 CMY
                                Twin Volvo D6-370
                                Montreal, Canada
                                Midnight Sun I Photos

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X