10 year Puget Sound Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 year Puget Sound Plan

I hope I can copy some links to this topic. Its time if you enjoy Puget Sound fishing to write your representatives.

https://www.change.org/p/9862316/u/2...d=7259882&jb=2

A good thing to listen to is ESPN Outdoor Line Ron Gardner 2 part pod cast Dec 9.

http://www.theoutdoorline.com/podcasts/

Hopefully theses links work.
    North Puget Sound/Camano Island
    1985 2460 Trophy
    VP280/305 Changing to 280/DP-350

Take your blood pressure pills before you dial up Ron's Podcasts. Infuriating
    97 2859

Comment

Agree with you JThiessen.

Comment

Those jerks at wdfw admin and the ecology deadheads don’t listen or value our input. In the case of the clipped fin identification of hatchery fish, what advantage is it to the tribes to do a 100% job of clipping the fins? If the mature fish is coming back, and the fin isn’t clipped, the sport fisherman has to release that fish which increases the return to the hatchery. Complaints about the resident orcas not having enough salmon have finally gotten some increase at the hatchery level, from about 10% of capacity. Yup, salmon runs are way down and the hatcheries were all bout closed. Why? Because some loud group has the opinion that hatchery fish will destroy the natural fish runs, if there are any left.
        Rant over, gotta go take my blood pressure medication.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
        MMSI 367770440
        1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
        Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I didn’t get a fishing/crabbing license this year for WA. All I fish for in WA is halibut and lingcod and the seasons are way to short, I’m out of town for work most of the time, so just not worth it for me anymore.
          Now I do all my fishing in Florida where they value the sport fisherman. I guess they don’t have to bend over to the tribes in FL.
          Esteban
          B-ham!
          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

There have been a few small steps, but very big direction changes so far this year.
            1) We got the limitation that stopped hatchery production lifted. So next year, there will be more hatchery fish out there - but 4 years till we see them on the return runs.
            2) The opinion on the 'peds (seals) is starting to change. The recent ruling on the columbia river seals will help us up here eventually.
            3) The health of our Orca's may be a wild card. I'd expect to see the voluntary no-boat zone on the west side of Orcas go to mandatory next year (I fully believe the voluntary step this year was 100% political since there is not science to back up the boat noise claims (I personally do think boat noise could have an effect on whale's hunting abilities, but probably more the big tankers, tugs, and cruise ships that fly through there, not so much the small fishing boats). Now next year, they can say that voluntary didnt work, therefore it needs to be mandatory.
            97 2859

Comment

• builderdude
              builderdude commented
              Editing a comment
              No go west side of San Juan
          Working...
          X